How To Stay Confident While Taking Interview..

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by swarnamary, Sep 27, 2022.

1. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

As I am in the process of looking for other job i took an interview last week, that job got all the things i need with the good options and after everything recruitor was telling me all about the job and atlast she told she didnt find me confident enough that i am willing to take this job.before i come to sense she hung up telling get back to me if your interested... i felt so bad felt like that job came almost close and its gone just like that..

i have to eventually keep on looking for other jobs till i get good one.. can anyone pass me the tips and suggestions or any books i can look into to talk and act confident enough that no one finds me less confident in future interviews..

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Staying positive helps. Even if the expected position demands so much, please try to stay positive and believe you will get done the work some or the other way.
    This faith in you gives the required confidence to handle interview questions.

I have recently interviewed a couple of young talents.
    There we 3 individuals, with more or less the same educational background, language ability and with experience.
    But, one showed so much confidence while answering the question. The other two were a bit reluctant and took the hypothetic question too personal and started talking about whats and ifs with lots of uncertainty. It wasn't difficult for the panel to decide on the best candidate after interviewing the three of them.

It is important to stay positive and maintain that outlook no matter how difficult the tasks seems at the interview.

Thyagarajan and swarnamary like this.
  3. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Ha, this recruiter thinks too much of herself. Call her and tell her you are interested. Even if God is ready to grant a wish looks like the priest is denying.

Being confident is like being in love. We know whether we are out are not, much earlier than someone else. Don't go by what she said, what do you feel? As long as you are comfortable in your own skin, you are good to go. The right job will find you.

If in fact you want to feel confident there are two ways.

1. Fake it. Keep taking interviews and you will get used to answering questions.

2. Develop expertise in the job you are going to be doing. When you feel you are worthy, you will not have any fear.

Thyagarajan and swarnamary like this.
  4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Thank you for giving me the insight from the interviewer sight... will try to work on it..

5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

i have to work on it. see how long its going to take thank you for the suggestions...

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Dear @swarnamary

I wish you try the Mock interviews available online.

In 1975 - It was UPSC New Delhi interview to recruit for their embassy of India office at London an automobile engineer with three years manufacturing and or servicing experience. I was found after technical interview fitting the bill.

Yet, one of the four interviewers - a baldy senior psychologist lifted his head from my-hand-filled-prescribed-application and staring at me through his spectacle upper side said, “ here you claimed you possess working knowledge of Hindi language. Instruct the orderly in Hindi standing behind the swinging semi-door to come inside this chamber”.

I stood up from my chair turned around and loudly said in the direction of the entrance, “hāray peon hither aavó”. The peon heard me and darted in. Seemingly somewhat satisfied, the psychologist now desired to test me further, told that instruct now the orderly to go out from the chamber. I thought for a while, moved out to the entrance and from behind the swinging door, i shouted in a tone of confidence, “hāray peon hither aavó”.

A fortnight night later, I had received appointment letter.

Wish you Godspeed in your future endeavours. You will shine exuding confidence.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    swarnamary likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Try doing mock interviews with a trusted person who will give you honest feedback. Also try practicing in front of a mirror till you can answer fluently and confidently. Don’t overdo this to the point that it becomes too scripted, but it will help you with your train of thought.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the wishes and encouraging words...

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

yes i will try to do this, as i am going thru these interviews after a long time, i guess practicing like this is going to help me somuch...

Thyagarajan and MalStrom like this.
  10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

What is your background. Are you in US. I can give tech side. If you are in a good niche or even good resume in tech. Do not bother about these recruiters, some are nice , some arrogant. There is lot of work .

Non asian recruiters, i have seen in my experience, expect you to be little relaxed and sound friendly.

not much to say, interviewing itself is an art. Not all click. Other side of phone, the recruiter is not god, he or she can be a jerk too. it takes time.

Thyagarajan likes this.