1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to start bottle feeding.

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Kupadhyay, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Kupadhyay

Kupadhyay New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My little one is 9 months old. His birth weight was 3.5Kgs but since last 3 months he is not gaining any weight he is moving between 6.8 to 7kgs. His doctor advised few tests, all tests are normal so doctor didnot advise anything.

But problem is he does not eat anything he just eats 2-3 spoons and then starts spitting. Please suggest few tips to increase his appetite.

I want to introduce formula to him. But he does not take it at all.

I want him to start with bottle feeding but he does not take that as well. He just wants to feed on me and does not take bottle at all.

Suggest some tips so that i can start him with bottle feeding.

Thanks & Regards,

2. coolidea

coolidea New IL'ite

Hi,

I started bottle feeding my son when he was 3 months old as I had to join back to work.He was not taking bottles initially, but this is how it worked.I gave him bottles while he was in very sleeping mode, while dozing off and when he was about to get up.This worked for me..Not sure if this is a good way though :)

All the best :)

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

have u tried giving him formula milk in a sippy instead, some babies do well with sippy, and some with bottle. this is how i started introducing bottle to my LO, but at 9months its going to be very difficult. babies this age have well developed tastebuds, and hence refuse formula since breastmilk is sweet.

try giving him in a sippy n see.
    apart from that include some dairy in his diet. make yogurt out of whole milk and give him.give mild cheeses, paneer.

if he is particularly not fond of one food try giving him new foods.babies can be fussy eater. and i hv started to realise only post 8 months of age, that suddenly she wants only "adult like" food. meaning foods with mild seasoning, savouries etc.
    she stopped having baby cereals and purees completely at 7.5 months.what are u giving him for mealtime?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010