1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How To Sew Border Onto Saree

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by SuiDhaaga, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I recently purchased this saree, Amazon.com: KANCHNAR Women's Pink Color Georgette Printed Saree with Unstitched Blouse-758S153: Clothing

I had to cut off the ends where there is fabric to make blouse. It is see-through thin, but that is another story.

I wish to sew border onto saree, namely this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AXRW76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know to sew on one end of saree (which will be part of the pallu), but how much border do I sew on the length-side?

As it is, this Georgette saree is so lightweight, it's little hard to handle. And the ends where I trimmed off the extra fabric is frayed (I used a fabric cutter)

Also, any ideas on stitching a fall into the saree. I understand it must be on the opposite end of where to sew the fabric.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am practicing to wear a saree whenever possible. Not to mention, I have to shorten the petticoat (it's too bulky and is breaking the look of the saree!)

2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I ended up sewing this. Saree is easier to handle. Must attach fall.