1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

how to send documents from india to USA?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by richa2009, Feb 26, 2010.

1. richa2009

richa2009 New IL'ite

Hi friends. I need my pils to send us some forms and papers from India to USA? I checked with FEDEX and BLUEDART, they are really costly if someone has to send stuff from india.Please tell me what are the cheapest way to receive those forms with a week or so? Is that registered post, or speed post or ordinary mail?

if none of this works and they have to send documents to USA through FEDEX which may cost around Rs 3000/- or more, is there a way that we pay for the shipment and they can just pack and send from INDIA?

thanks

2. shreya12345

shreya12345 New IL'ite

hi richa,
    3000 is way too costly. Last year I sent a parcel to the US and it cost me only 1200 rs. it was thru professional couriers....So, i guess u can check that option also..Good Luck

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have shipped some docs from B'lroe using DHL it was awesome. I was able to call a number and schedule a pickup and they came and picked up my stuff, costed about 1000 .

why dont you contact DHL or professional couriers.

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Richa,

Please try to refrain from not opening multiple threads for the same topic.

-Uma

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

My FIL sent documents to us last year using speed post. they contract with a pvt courier company here in the usa. very reasonable cost and the documents were here in a less than a week.

6. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

We tried DHL, it is good.

7. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

Documents from India can be sent through INDIA SPEED POST which gives a tracking number which can be tracked on USPS website...it arrives in 7 to 10 days...I got my medical school certificate safely this way..
    To send documents to India I have used fedex and USPS...both have reached safely and are efficient but USPS doesnt give a tracking number...

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Documents can be sent through normal post with speed delivery.It is way cheaper than Fedex.