1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

how to rent house in US ? please help !

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by savannas, May 13, 2010.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Savitha, One more thing you shud keep in mind is advance given on the house or apartment is never given back . See to it that you dont pay too much advance.If you give less as advance then you dont have to worry about getting it back.I have been here for more than 6 yrs and moved many times. I have also gotten professional cleaning done when leaving.But that didnt change the fact that they kept the advance each time. Be prepared always. Good Luck.

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Savannas,

You are welcome.Hahahaha!! buzzing doesn't have any special meaning buddy, its just usual word i used,.

By the way, i saw few quote the thread mentioning the name of the Ilite in the thread, but i don't think you have a specific way to contact personally except private message, which is now paid service.

All the best.

3. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Oh ..OKay ! :bonk I thot buzzing was like some PM kinda thing ! Anyways, saw your replies in the other thread too ! Your suggestions are very helpful [:)]

thanks
    Savitha

4. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Oops, that was something I did not know about - yeah.. I do see that every apt/home comes witha refundable as well another non refundable fee.. basically, it means both are kind of non refundable in reality ! huh ! Will keep that in mind when we look around..

Savitha

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Savitha, One more thing I remembered was when you look for house,see to it that they put all blinds and have basic things like Microwave and Washer-Dryer. I once came across a place where that was tenant needed. Its not expensive buying blinds but what do we do when we move. Its not one size fits all. Its exclusive to each window. So bear that in mind. Same in washer-dryer.Although they maybe very expensive. Good Luck.