1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove tumeric+kumkum stain from the carpet

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by dsrini, Sep 23, 2008.

1. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I am not able to remove the kumkum stains?Any ideas please.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have had good success with all sorts of stains using Gonzo. It is unscented and non toxic. YOu can get in laundry aisle.

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Is it a laundry detergent?Do we just have to mix water with it and apply on kumkum area?

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

No its a liquid in a little bottle. It will be with the stain products in laundry aisle. YOu just pour a little one and wait a min then blot it up. Repeat until stain gone. It is safe for all fabrics....I use it on my clothes when I have a turmeric accident.

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Thanks will try it out for both kumkum and turmeric stain.

6. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hiii friends,

I have got some fanta stains in my carpet...Please suggest me something to get rid of it..i hav tried laundry stain remover and spot shot..not satisfied...

7. madhu6621

madhu6621 New IL'ite

Hi this madhuri,

i have many kumkum + tumeric stains on my carpet so please i read the forums and came to know the toothpaste will help in removing the stains for tumeric so will this even work for the kumkum also? And even i vasmol stain on my carpet also So please let em know or reply to post explaining the process hot to use tooth paste in removing the stains from carpet some tips for removing the vasmol satins?????

Please post me soem tips as early as possible o it really be helpfully for me .....

Thanks a lot in adavnce

8. jannat30

jannat30 New IL'ite

i spilled bright red nail polish on my carpet and was so afraid of the the carpet state then when i seached internet i saw WINDEX glass cleaner spray works well on nailpolish.

To the surprise windex worked as magic and all the nailpolish came off from the carpet and from then on where ever whatever spill occurs i use WINDEX and recomment it for all the stains (whatever it may be) trust me it will be gone in few minutes.

9. seemabp

seemabp New IL'ite

Use a product called "Greased Lighting" a cleaner and degreaser. It works wonders for turmeric stains. Av. in some grocery stores and Home Depot.

10. pravi09

pravi09 New IL'ite

i to got a stain in my kameez ,at that time i came know a tip through a magazine.its work was great . just mix equal quantity of cloth washing powder,soda bi-carbonate and bleaching powder i.e 1:1:1 ratio.now put this powder upon stain sprinkle some water on it and just brush it. surely the stain will be remove... :thumbsup