1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to remember School events

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by AnanyaAjay, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    My dd is in Pre-nursery.
    Today in my dd's school they have Red day. We were informed about this well before, and I too decided the dress which she was about to wear today and other accessories also.

But... stupid me, today I had to perform pooja, and in the rush I forgot everything and I made my child to wear uniform and sent her 'as-usual'. After everyone went suddenly I remember that it was Red day today.

I am feeling so helpless and sad for my dd, I think I am very irresponsible and careless mom.. I am really angry on myself.
    :cry:

Next time I will keep a reminder in my phone in such events.

Though my dd knows all colours and she identifies everything now, I wanted her to learn in a new 'teacher way' and 'friends way' of learning today.

2. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ananya

Dont be so harsh on yourself. Having a Pre-nursery kid, I can understand how you must be feeling but its ok to forget something once in a while. More than keeping reminders, my DS is my biggest reminder. So whenever there is something related to him for me to remember, I tell him that we need to do this thing tomorrow, will you remind me......and he actually does.

3. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

he he.. that reminds me.. My son when he was in nursery (he was around 3 years then) had a fashion show at nursery (??).I planned so much and bought a very exquisite kurta.. (it was really grand.. the ones which you see in real fashion shows). i was all set to go..on the D day, my son plainly refused to wear what i had bought.. he simply put his foot down and said i won't wear this.. any amount of cajoling, threatening or pleading would not work... i was so helpless.. i was really in tears.. then my wise hubby intervened and said you cant do much about it.. let go.. so i ended up dressing him up in his birthday suit... guess what .. he was really cute and also won the prize.. i was so pleasantly surprised...

Sorry if i have hijacked your thread... just wanted to share this incidence.. whatever be the planning. preparation you do at the end of the day what happens is what is destined... so don't be too harsh on yourself.. just let go..

Also, the best way not to make a mistake is to "make the mistake once" ... you will never ever do this again in you lifetime.. so thats a positive learning you got for yourself..

3 people like this.
  4. malathia

malathia Silver IL'ite

Dear Ananya,

oh :( Don't worry, next time you please stick a post it in her wardrobe soo we don't forget .....

I have stuck the post in my son's wardrobe soo I don't forget....

Take care,

5. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Ideas for Janmaashtami dressing

Dear all,

:) thanks for those warm words.. I was soo sad yesterday that I vented out. But today I am laughing at myself for it. When my dd came back from school yesterday, she was very casual... She also had a red ballooon and was very happy.. I asked her what happened in school today.. she told all came with their parents and they wore red dress... But she was not at all sad... So I was little relaxed.. Next week Janmashtami is there... So I will not forget it.. I have already added a reminder..:)

People, any ideas on how to dress my cutie pie? She is little chubby... I donno whether making her Krishna will be comfortable for her... Radha??? How?? Plz share your ideas... :)

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ananya
    Thanks for updating us...
    If she is chuuby I guess Radha will be perfect for it all you need is cute ghaghra choli and dress up as radha and give her a small pot to hold... and teach few dialogues...
    In any fancy dress competition dressing is very important and before that few immpressive lines on the character will make it good for dialogues

For dressing you can check this link here
    Krishna Janmashtami Celebrations Ppt Presentation

There are many you tube videos from which you can gather information...
    Hope this helps

PS: When will you add few more recipes to your NK thread...

1 person likes this.
  7. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Dear VJB

thanks for the sweet reply... Yeah I am planning for Radha dress...

hmmm NK thread I will continue thanks for reminding me:bonk

8. cheshmeenu

cheshmeenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ananya,

It happens with all of us (specially mothers) once in a while... Between Home, work, handling kids and lot :spinmore..

After missing once twice :bonknow I've developed a habit of writing important dates on calendar with sketch pen in bold letters and thats as soon as i read the diary or notice from school. :) And the calendar is in kitchen so rarely it happens that now i miss something.:thumbsup

Hope it will help you too..

All the best for Janmashtmi preprations :)

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i keep reminders in my mobile..and a copy of the same on the fridge stuck by magnets..the moment that event is over i remove it..until then it is on the freezer door reminding me about it..be it pta, fees or his competition or any other event..