How To Reflect In Resume Management Skills You Learned In Life, Plus Professionals Offering You Job

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuiDhaaga, Jan 18, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I am applying to job that is part of Management it is telecommuting eligible (which gives me time to be around people my age)

While I do not have degree or certification in this field, it is a skill I acquired for the past several years due to circumstances beyond my control.

Few professionals i interfaced with even offered me job. One even asked if I wanted to teach at University level.

How do I reflect this in resume?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Given your questions related to updating resume, you may want to look into professional resume writing services. The $150 - $350 that they charge for resume plus LinkedIn profile creation/ update is well worth it. When you have to only free-write all your accomplishments in a Google Doc or answer their questionnaire, and do not have to yourself convert all that text into resume worthy text, it is a huge relief. They will also help with situations like yours: have acquired a skill but no formal certification.

Try to look for resume service providers that are a single-owner business. I found they have a faster response time and a more personal approach right from the response to the initial email.

A few people in my friend circle have used Employment in Recovery. I don't know why it is called that though it is mainly a regular resume writing service. Her rates are reasonable and she is professional throughout the process. In particular, I liked her About page.

I am usually hesitant about recommending things like this but couple of years ago I found it quite hard to sift and sort through all the providers that show up in a google search, so hoping to save others some time. Of course, the best source of referrals are people who work in your area of expertise. Alternately, send emails to a few providers that have good reviews and choose one based on their responses. I automatically reject the ones with canned responses to my initial email. : )

Good Luck.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    NOW and Laks09 like this.