1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Reduce Visits By In Laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 26, 2020.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Even if you do every thing perfect she will taunt because she know you value it and its effective way to control you. Develop a thick skin and do what you want, even if she blames you lazy . I hope you are not aiming for good DIL certificate, which you are not going to get anyway. You can't change her, you only can change response. Learn to ignore her tantrums. The route cause of your stress is that you are giving much importance to it.. Do your duty as much as I can and take rest whenever needed. Act deaf and do things that make you happy. Atleast spend half an hour for it.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

She understands that you will go out get a job, if she helps around. She wants to keep you home.
    She knows that you will be free, if she helps even a little.
    60 is nothing, people here in US run marathon at 60. Also, in India people is living till 80, 75 easily. With your seva, they will live forever! Are you willing to spend next 10-15 years as house maid?
    I do not think, your husband is on your side. Tell him that you get tired. Make fixed "study time" where you lock yourself up in room to study.
    The things you want to delegate- leave them undone for days/hours/weeks
    Start not cooking for one meal on Sunday, and make it more meals-not cooked by you.
    When you leave your job- there is less money coming in- but never stop spending the money by cutting down on anything because then everyone understands that you working at home= you working outside. Let the family finances, take a hit, by keeping up the spending habits- "that can be an incentive in bad families to let the DIL work outside" by helping in house or whatever.
    So next time, never offer to reduce a maid, or buy one less thing, to save money.
    When husband looks at bill of finances, say you will have to "get a job soon". Keep doing this

Maha99 and Needtobestrong like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @DDream and @hermitcrab

I have always got a bad DIL tag no matter how much hard work I do...so I'm not going to make extra efforts to change it..I know I have to do my share of chores but I shouldnt be overworked .. I really dont want to end up doing maid and cook and caretaker- nurse kind of work for them...getting some good suggestions in this thread thanks to all wonderful ladies..