How To Reduce Heat In The Body

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Janakinarne, May 6, 2018.

1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

It's true that no allopathic doctor ever advises induced diarrhoea. They say it is more harmful. Leaving that discussion apart, in general , can you tell me, why you trust more in ayurvedic practitioners than allopathic practitioners ? Because, I find Ayurvedic system less scientific and alopathic system more scientific. This is what my personal perception is.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I trust tried n tested home remedies for minor ailments, but for major issues, I definitely go to the Allopathic doctors. In allopathy, they do not have the concept of Ushna or body heat about which we are talking here. I can write many blogs on malpractices n misdiagnosis by allopathic doctors and also on their crucial life saving skills. I can also write on how some chronic diseases have been nipped in the bud by Ayurvedic n Homoeopathic doctors but how they sometimes come across as less scientifically correct.They are all relative truths:) I guess a lot of that difference is due to the different concepts based on which they work. We do know our bodies to some extent and we should be able to treat ourselves sometimes to some extent.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    silentlistener and shravs3 like this.
  3. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Okay.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Why you think Ayurveda is less scientific ? I agree that their basics/assumptions are based on information available during that time (thousands of years ago), there was no microscope or western instruments available, so may not be scientific in today's standards. There discovery was not published by western journals or western people. But I like to know your reasons

Do you know all that assumptions from Hippocrates father alopathy -western medicene was proved wrong later. Modern medicine is only < ~100 years old . The biggest turning point was the discovery of pathogens and vaccination (in 1900's).

What is a scientific conclusion? Anything that is concluded after lot of experiment and observation is scientific. If Ayurveda say 'thulsi plant' is good for some ailments - it is based on testing for more that thousands of years. Is it n't a scientific conclusion. Another example is turmeric . Now modern medicine also accepted it- it is used extensively now(curcumin). Many surgical para surgical procedures ( existed for more than 1000's years) in Ayurveda was also adopted by modern medicine. You will find many cases like that. Diet is considered a big part of treatment in Ayurveda depending on the ailment, but western doctors don't utter that word . Going back to nature help one in many cases.

Modern medicine cannot treat all diseases. Same with Ayurveda-but side effects are minimum.

For many diseases associated with Intestine - there is not treatment in modern medicine, only suppression of symptoms. But there are many diseased which Ayurveda can cure , but western medicine cannot and vice versa. ( I am a good example of a person who benefited from ayurvedic procedure where western medicine proved useless. I learned a lot in that process to my surprise. I met many persons who was waiting for death after discharging from western style hospital, came back to life through Ayurveda.). Modern ayurveda adopts many modern techniques now a days

So I think combination of these medical branched will be useful - based on the disease/health condition. If some one want to try Ayurveda go to a medical doctor with BAMS or highest degrees with many years of experience and who genuinely care their patients - Not to some one who pretend as Ayurveda doctor just for business.

@GeetaKashyap , My mother used to give me castor oil once in every six months when I was a kid. Where can we get it in USA. I cannot tolerate the smell of castor oil. Dont know about filtered versions.

Yes, diarrhoea is not a healthy condition if its through infection or due to some diseases. But in modern medicine you will find many laxatives, stool softeners etc.. that is prescribed based on the condition (for colonoscopy they give a liquid that creates diarrhoea even worser than castor oil ).

I think we should be open minded and accept good things and ignore bad ones

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Nimmsmile

Nimmsmile Silver IL'ite

Hi... Take fresh alovera plant.. take its pulp washed it.. mix the pulp with buttermilk. Drink this at empty stomach( while wake up in the morning).. u see the difference with in some days ... Plz do it for 48 days.. u feel an excellent result. And one thing if we follow this for 48 days without fail uterus problems all get cleared...

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

You have put up a good defence for the home remedies/ Naturopathy/Ayurveda and Homoeopathy. Ayurveda diagnoses on the basis of Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha. Homoeopathy believes in micro-levels of chemical compounds to re-establish health and they also consider the nature and history of that person to diagnose. (Though a free and unsolicited diagnosis on a public forum is not appreciated.) Chinese use acupuncture along the invisible meridians and so on. As you say, some openminded approach is good. There are positives and negatives in everything. Here I would like to say that when I suffered an extreme form of allergy, Allopathy could only help in my critical condition. Later a course of Homoeopathy (6 months) almost cured my allergy!

When we were kids. the castor oil intake was a routine we detested but now I appreciate its effectiveness. Even the castor oil has changed its form now and the currently available ones at the medical stores are refined, odourless, colourless, less thick and less effective too.:) Normal laxatives do clean the gut but with castor oil, a definitive change is experienced.

Application of a thin layer of castor oil on the eyelids can soothe irritated eyes, reduce stye on the eyelids (my Ophthalmologist says it causes cataract but it is never heard of in my family and friends. So I don't believe what my doctor says!) and also helps in the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows!( @Sandycandy would have asked whether eyelids will also turn hairy! LOL!)

I just remembered what I have read. Currently, an enema is given to clear the bowels before the delivery but in the olden days, castor oil was given to clear the bowels and also to induce strong contractions for an easy and quick delivery!

ashima10 and shravs3 like this.
  7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Almond pisin(gum) is a natural coolant. Soak few pieces of almond pisin in water overnight. It will soak up all the water and become jelly like. You can mix it with cold milk/shake etc, makes a wonderful summer drink.It should be consumed moderately ( a spoonful).If consumed more, it will flush out all nutrients before it is absorbed by body because it is very rich in fibre. It is also added in the famous Madurai Jigarthanda.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  8. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

U can add tender coconut water amdsabja seeds to your diet.Take less spicy food.For woman in their reproductive age ashokarishta is also good

Giri12 likes this.