1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to reduce bad Cholesterol and Triglyicerides

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by poonamjoshi9266, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Bhuvana Ram

Bhuvana Ram New IL'ite

hi sharada,:idea

I've heard people saying , having sprouted moong along with one cup curd or with water first thing in the morning reduces the bad cholestrol and as you walk more your bad cholestrol automatically gets converted to good one. so walk as much as possible and have moong everyday, let me know whether this worked out for you. one more thing have carrot juice everyday and if you like garlic please include in your food as much as possible.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharada

They say that eating a good size bowl of oatmeal for 30 days will actually lower the total and bad cholestrol. Also Kollu ( horsegram ) is beneficial for lowering cholestrol.
    Mrs. Chitvish has given a lot of recipes using oats and Kollu. You may want to include them in you diet.

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Brocolli Brocolli Brocolli Brocolli

Yes, I hate this veggie.. but this is the best to have to lower your tri and cholesterol..

4. Frtunate

Frtunate New IL'ite

Hi Poonam,
    You already have lots of replies by now. But I could not resist my self as this is the area of my masters in the US.
    If we simply understand what do bad cholesterol and high triglycerides do; that will encourage us to take simple and consistent steps to reduce them. Well, both elevated bad cholesterols (LDL) and triglycerides lead to fat deposits in the walls of our blood vessels and try to block them. This is serious when this happens to our heart blood vessels.
    HOWEVER, DO NOT PANIC! God has given us a natural remedy in the form of good cholesterol. It takes out the fat deposits from the blood vessel wall and tries to normalise it.
    So, what is more important is your ratio of LDL (bad) to HDL (good). Look into that in your report. i.e. if you have high LDL but with that if you have high HDL too, it is not too bad.
    Now coming to the steps to reduce your cholesterol;
    1 Reduce the amount of saturated fats like ghee, oils etc.
    2. Choose the oils properly that are low in saturated fats and higher in mono unsaturated fat (MUFA) and poly unsaturated fats (PUFA). HIGHER IN MUFA AND PUFA...Read the labels carefully.
    3. even after choosing right oils reduce the intake...to minimum
    4. Walk regularly 45-60 minutes. Regularity is the key.
    5. Garlic pills are also available. Check some herbal pharmacies like Himalaya.

For High Triglycerides.
    1. cut down on your carbs...that is the key. All refined sugar. maida and rice?
    2. Cut down on your portion size. Take smaller more frequent meals.

To increase good cholesterol:
    Only way is regular excercise...walk..walk..walk
    Everything will be fine...Just little planning with your diet and regular excercise..

A word about green tea..Researches have shown many good effects of green tea but the doses used for that are quite high and we probably do not use that normally. Hope this helps..Please feel free to communicate. All the very best.-

In summary,
    1. Look for your ratio of LDL:HDL. It might not be too bad.
    2. Reduce saturated fats.
    3. Excercise regularly. Brisk walking 45-60 min.
    4. Take small frequent meals.
    5. Garlic pills.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  5. suganthiezhil

suganthiezhil Senior IL'ite

hi friends,:)
    Nice tips.Kollu will work good for cholestrol but it is heat and some may get stomach problems.Pl start with little amount.

6. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi friends

even bottleguard (surrakai in tamil) dhoodhi in (marathi) will help to reduce cholestrol.
    you can make subji or by adding moong dhal or thoor dhal.

lakshmi