How to protect from evil eyes and ill wishes

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by riya123, Mar 30, 2011.

1. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Is it true that young children suffer when some one casts evil eyes on them. i have observed several times that many untoward incidents happen when some people express jealousy or cast evil eye. i find it difficult to believe that those incidences were co incidental. In that case what to do?.. How to protect oneself from others ill wishes and evil eyes?

Thanks

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

In my view i can say yes.some people eyes will make the kids sick or create some problems.you have to tie black ropes for kids on their neck,weekly once use campor for thrishti and prayer will work out.you have to do archanai for kids.i dont know you understand tamil slang of mine or not.kajal like thing is mostly kept for kids to avoid such things.

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

i too believe this...previously dint :)

when my DD was less than a year,i always notice her crying uncontrolleby during nights when we had some occasion that day...after we remove the dhristi,she is perfectly fine...few things i have seen people to remove dhristi
    (1)usually little piece of umblical cord is taken and inserted into the dhayatthu and is tied to the baby's waist...this is for remving black magic too
    (2)as chitra said,using kajal and tying black rope
    (3)lighting campor and showing in front of the person and then throwing them into the streets...similar can be done with pumpkins and lemons with campor lit on it...using salt similarly and throwing in fire or immersing in water
    (4)if babies cry continously,a iron rod is heated red hot and inserted into the water which is used for baby's bath
    (5)brushing the baby with our hair lightly

threads already discussed about the same for your help
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/miscellaneous-in-parenting/52789-warding-off-evil-eye-babies.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pujas-prayers-and-slokas/93317-how-avoid-evil-eye-black.html

4. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Thanks chitra and swaran. i also observed that but was not sure what do. Sometimes when i fed my son in front of some people he stopped eating. He would get very cranky and cry a lot. I wanted to know if others also experienced similar things happen to their children.

Regarding the black thread you mentioned, how is it done. Does the temple preist tie it to the child or we only can do it?..

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

black thread can be tied around the waist/neck/wrists/ankles....for small kids mostly it would be around the waist..other than waist ,you can tie around the right wrist or ankle

no need to ask the priest for the same...but in case the kid cries uncontrollably and is taken to the priest,he might say some mantras and tie the thread

also,old people insist us not to feed the kid outside or in front of anyone because of this evil eye...also few dont feed the baby with a big bowl because the passerbys may think that the baby is so well to eat so much(seeing the size of the bowl)...the same is the case for feeding bottles too...usually a cover is placed on the feeding bottle so that others dont see how much the kid drinks

6. happybuddha

happybuddha New IL'ite

I am just saying for the general benefit, what many people may already know to ward off the evil eye.
    One is to take an odd number(3 to 9) of full/complete red chillies (with its head and its little beak intact, and the chilly shouldn't be broken in any place), and circumambulate the chillies around ones head in an odd number and similarly cycles of taking the chillies from head to toe in all 4 directions.Back,front and sides. That is just taking it in the hand and moving it from head to toe in an odd number (3,5,etc)... and burning those chillies (I do it on a gas stove). It is said, if there was an evil eye, the burning chillies give out no irritant smell. But if the chilly smell is there, there was no evil eye.

It is also similarly done with Phitkari (Alum, in English) instead of chillies. Though I have not tried this, but they say when the phitkari is burning, you can actually see the evil eye casters face.

Of course, faith in God and nature will take you a long way.

cheers,