How to prevent Heartburn/acidity problems

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by roopika, Sep 7, 2007.

1. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Re: Burning feel in upper abdomen

Thank u PinksnBlues, themuteviolin and DaisyMom.

As i am working, i would hardly get time to take food in intervals.
    So i'll be taking lunch as a whole :-(
    I do drink plenty of water.

During my first pregnancy, i never had this kind of feeling. Also i was able to eat properly.
    But now, i am not at all interested to take food at all.

Is lemon juice good at this time? Because, that alone tastes good for my tongue. Please suggest.

2. Raindrop

Raindrop Bronze IL'ite

Re: Burning feel in upper abdomen

Hi,

Its quite common to have heartburn / acidity when pregnant. Do consult your doc and get some antacids. They will surely help. If you dont feel like taking them or tend to vomit then you can try cold milk may be in diff flavours too. They bring in a lot of relief. I was prescribed Maalox but the very smell of it put me off (tastes just like digene mint flavor) so i tried the above and found relief to a gr8 extent.

Lime juice can also be had but see that you dont tend to catch cold by overdoing it. I too had them in minimal quantities.

3. bharathi1

bharathi1 New IL'ite

Gastric problem in sixth month of pregnancy. And a severe back pain which is like labor pain. Actually very scared and don't know what step to take next? Any immediate actions to take? Pl post your valuable suggestions.

4. bharathi1

bharathi1 New IL'ite

Gastric problem is the major problem related with pregnancy. Garlic is the best option to get rid of the acidity. One might also get doc advice for this problem.