How to prevent Heartburn/acidity problems

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by roopika, Sep 7, 2007.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Re: What to do for acidity problems?

Namaste,

Can you tell a little more about your routine and diet. Also do you eat out more often??

If you believe in youga the do "vaman" once a week. Wehn you get up in the morning, after freshning up, take 4-5 glasses of warm water add salt and go on drinking till you feel you will throw up or rather you literally have to throw up, let all the water come out naturally first then put fingers in your mouth and force out all the water till you feel that you can throw up any more.

Initially do this once a week and then make it fortnightly. But do mention about your eating habits.

Keep us updated.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am a pure veg and I dont eat at all from outside. I am 30 weeks pregnant.

I eat veg, rice, chapati, subji..
    No non veg nothing.
    With the tiredness atleast till weeks after delivery I wont be able to do any exercise.

Also nausea causes cramps in stomach, so I cant try that.

3. ramalav

ramalav New IL'ite

Hi Ptamil,

Milk aggravates acidity . Never take milk in ur empty stomach. Have it with ur breakfast. And another imp. point is u should follow the same timing for ur diet.
    + or - half an hour is ok. But try to follow ur diet timings . Even my friend when she was in her 25 th week of pregnancy, she had heartburn. Whenver she gets stomach pain or heartburn she used to eat something like fruit, cookies or anything u like. Slowly in few days its gone....

Dont worry fix ur diet for every 2 hrs. Stress too causes acidity. So relax...

rama

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I'm also suffering frm heratburn, there is no cure. Try not to eat juicy fruits like orange etc. Here we get "TUMS" for heartburn, although i didn't try it. But U can ask ur Gyn also for tablet.

Try to eat small meals instead of big meal.

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I used to suffer from terrific heartburn all through the last trimester and I'll give you the bad news first - its going to get a lot worse as the baby gets bigger and pushes against your stomach. The good news however is that the moment the baby is out it clears up like magic! Some things I found helpful - lots of buttermilk/curds, completely cutting out coffee/tea/soft drinks/spicy food and lying down at night in a semi-reclining position with 2 or 3 pillows below my shoulders. I dont know what medicines you have been given but antacids like Gelusil/Digene are very safe in pregnancy and you can chew on 1 if the pain/discomfort is very bad. Dont take citrus fruits (they really increase acidity) and take your iron tablets after food. HTH. All the best for a safe delivery. Try to think of the fact that you will be holding your baby in just 2 more mnths time....cheer up!

Vanathi.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Just keeping a piece of jaggery or candy in your mouth will reduce the acidity.

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone for the wonderful tips and the comforting words.
    As Vanathi says, its true that the wait to hold the baby is what keeps me going.

8. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi Ptamil,

You can have some puffed rice (muri) whenever you have acidity problem.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  9. poornimahari

poornimahari New IL'ite

its true ramala i suffered a lot of acidity now i am in 18 weeks still suffering due to acidity its started as soon as i missed periods its very bad if i took milk in empty stomach i used to voimt now also.vomiting milk as yogurt is very bad can u or any one tell me remdies abt tht

10. mommytobe

mommytobe New IL'ite

How to deal with heartburn

Hi guys...how do you deal with heart burn and short of breath specially during night while lying down or sleeping..

I am just so tired..i feel suffocated and miserable after having food..I forget to break my meals into small portions..adn since i am hungry i end up eating all together. the next few hours are miserable.

help !!!