How to prepare flavoured yogurt/curd at home?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Swathi1982, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Swathi1982

Swathi1982 New IL'ite

Hi..
    my son is 16months now and he is habituated to flavoured yogurt which i get it from groceries...he doesn't like home made yogurt...
    I tried mixing the homemad yogurt with dal or curry and give it to hime with rice but no use
    I tried mixing the yogurt with fruit puree and sugar still he dont eat...Even I dont eat yogurt so I am afraid that he should not do the same....

can any one tell me how to prepare flavoured yogurt like vanilla yogurt or any fruit flavoured yogurt at home....

Thanks
    Swathi

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swati,

Initially try to mix the home made yogurt with the flavored one(u bought from shop) and feed him.

U can also try adding mashed banans, strawberries and sweet potato in the home made yogurt.

3. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Swathi

My daughter also likes flavoured yogurt, but i learned that it has artificial flavours in it, so tried the following which worked out.

I tried the following with Mountain High yogurt or Verka yogurt (coz of their thickness)

1) mix the refrigerated yogurt with strawberry spread. I used the organic strawberry spread with less sugar which is available at costco.just beat the yogurt and spread together in a bowl with a spoon. You can add finely chopped strawberries as a topping.

2) mix it with honey, use 1 spoon honey for four spoons curd. and beat them together. Add crushed peanuts( or whatever) as a topping which is optional.

3) If your daughter likes little watery texture, then you have so many options, you can buy the frozen berries from safeway or any mixture of frozen fruits and make a smoothie out of them in the grinder, add yogurt and honey to enhance the sweetness.

Sometimes, I also like to have them when i have cravings for icecream. Make sure you buy the right yogurt like the ones i mentioned. Verka is available in any indian store.

Kiran