1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Overcome Wheezing

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by AbiramiKV, Nov 21, 2013.

1. AbiramiKV

AbiramiKV New IL'ite

Thanks Reh!!We are consulting with our doctor also!

2. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Best way to avoid cold is always keep his ears closed by cotton specially while travelling.
    As reh said avoid gooseberry.
    In green leafy vegetables avoid 'thandu keerai'.

3. AbiramiKV

AbiramiKV New IL'ite

Hi Guesshoo,
    Asthalin and Salbutamol are the same .
    Thanks for the suggestions:) and felt great to know the scientific fact behind giving turmeric nd pepper together:thumbsup..I tried this and working for my DS.
    Will try steam vaporizing *-) and warm oil applying in chest during nights
    me gotta a small doubt here ...Mustard oil is the IDHAYAM BRAND OIL (NAlla Ennai as we say in Tamil)? If not ,Dear Ilites pls suggest good brand of Mustard oil.

4. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Nalla ennai means oil made out of sesame seeds - 'ellu ' not mustard seeds

5. AbiramiKV

AbiramiKV New IL'ite

Thanks Merlyn For the suggestions!!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i am a chronic wheezer though with weight loss , food control and regular medicines frequency has reduced.

my son has been one from the first week of his birth. nothing helped we used to run to the hospital for nebulization under medical supervision everyday.

we used spacehalers for medicines instead of giving him asthalin or any other medicines in the pill form or tonic form. it helped a lot.

apart from the remedies that are discussed..

We always ensured there is no dust, no cob-webs around him. no wierd smells. this went on until we realized longer duration of cough or cold triggered wheeze episodes so did preservatives that are used to cakes, cream biscuits, juices and many other things.

We moved away from eating anything that had preservation and it helped. I also gave him tea made of betel leaves, tulasi, and a few other ingredients to balance the heat and cold of the ingredients (my recipe is here in il some thread related to cold/cough) from the time he was 2 months and it helps and helped. even now at 15 he takes this tea once in a week, and if they have cold it is a must. i have a lemon grass, betel, tulasi and ajwain plant in pots for the very purpose. I also give them warm/hot water to drink regularly when at home. i do not encourage them to just get into the ac room as soon as they enter. i always keep the ac's switched off because the kids have a tendency to enter a cold room coming from a sultry hot weather..

apart from increasing immunity, the most important thing is to increase their lung power. allowing him to blow good quality balloons or toys that need to be blown..pipes that need the blowing and sucking ..or you can just invest in a apparatus like this..though we felt it was too clinical and not fun when he was too small.Niscomed Lung Excerciser online in India | HealthKart.com

you can also get a vaporiser..because in chennai i don't think your kiddo is going to get wheezing because of humidity. it is more because of pollution. there are more number of asthmatics today then a decade..

the more you learn to understand the triggers, the management, the episodes reduce to a large extent.

add more vegetables, fruits. give him fruits after they are in room temperature.

7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

hi abhiramikv, howz ur kid feeling now. hope hes alright. god bless.

8. AbiramiKV

AbiramiKV New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy for the valuable suggestions!!
    I am following up with all and kid is better now..
    Thanks all again for sharing your experiences and good tips..

Have a great time ahead..

9. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi very informative posts. Thanks. I didn't realize what wheezing is till I saw my son suffering. Have been giving him Sabutamol when he has breathing trouble. I have been looking for something which could improve his immunity. Still could only reduce episodes by Puff n nothing else. Need to know how to improve his immunity levels. He is now three years old.

10. Mekrish

Mekrish New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    My DS is 2.5 yrs old and he too had wheezing from the age of 1. We used to nebulise him every 15 to 20 days and we got a nebuliser at home too. He will not have food too during these days. At the age of 1.5 we thought of trying homeopathy. Thank god, we tried. He soon became normal and the frequency of Wheezing attacks also reduced. During winter season he gets wheezing but not as before. He was able to breathe and took food as in normal days. Still we are continuing his homeo medicines. Doc advised us to stop from next month. But still if he eats chocolates he gets wheezing and cold. Got to check with doc .