1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to overcome temptation to eat sweets & junk food?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by generic, Oct 11, 2013.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I'm in my 20's...I'm extremely health concious and try to eat healthy as much as possible...but I have liking for sweets...and whenever there's any occasion like functions or festivals, obviously lot of sweets & savouries will be served....sweets will mostly be made of pure ghee and snacks/ savouries will be deep fried...I'm very fond of these and end up binging on sweets & savouries...Everyone says it's ok to indulge once in a while...but the prob is that once I eat 1 sweet/snack I can't stop with eating just one... and end up consuming excess calories...I don't lead a very active lifestyle so this results in excess calories and stomach upset....I 'm fully aware of this but unable to overcome tempation to snack...Also with so many cases of lifestyle-related diseases among people in 20's, I am concerned..Please give some suggestions by which I can overcome temptation to eat junk during imp. occasions and eat healthy?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Generic,
    May be working out will help you. I feel working out stops me from having junk food.When I have more than one I feel as if all my work for a healthier body through working out is going waste due to unhealthy eating and automatically I eat healthy.Alsi I have noticed I dont get cravings for sweets/snacks often if am working out. Else you can think of a few quotes like "Waste it or waist it", "once in lips always on hips" etc. when you feel the cravings. Another method I try is the moment I fell I need to have a sweet I drink lots and lots of water and my stomach gets full and the feeling to eat anything else goes away.
    But yep indugling your sweet tooth once in a while is not bad.

3 people like this.
  3. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Sometimes when you eat one and trigger the taste buds you feel like eating continously/non-stop. Well, thats what I do. Thus, nowadays, I totally avoid sweets/junk food BUT I indulge in them once in 10 days which is thrice a month. By doing so I will not be so deprived and desperate.

As Ami said in her post, I too think about the hardwork I put during workout and the calories I burn in 1 hour. I imagine that if I eat that tempting sweet/junk food I need to workout extra for 3 hours just to burn off the calories it contains.

1 person likes this.
  4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Exactly.....this one thought keeps me from going for a second serving.

5. Narmadaprasad

Narmadaprasad Junior IL'ite

Hi dear ,
    I dont have interest in sweets earlier but after pregnancy , cravings for sweet become high due to this i consumed more weight , i know this should be avoided but i could not do that (that too after lunch i will be searching sweet items) - nowadays i dont keep any sweets in my home just to avoid cravings

6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

That's also a good idea...Only if sweets are there u'll have the temptation to consume them...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

Waste it or waist it ; once in lips always on hips :)

nice really encouraging! I am repeating the mantra to avoid eating the chocolate i have.
    Oh god! help meee......

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Thats a very good quote... sure and best one to follow...