1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to Overcome obstacles and WIN

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Akineel, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

I'm kind of bugged up and irritated with few things.

Started with weight loss in august with 83 and lost 3 kgs. Then 3 months break. Came Dow to 78kgs in dec. after vacation lost determination and now 80 kgs :(

1. Cleaner not coming since jan 1st. Using my kids nap time for cleaning.
    2. Baby not sitting in stroller to take him out for walk. In 10-15 mins he will ask me to carry and walk...
    3. Started doing LS walk when my kid plays in front of him. The thing is he imitates everything I do. He was trying to do forward kick and all and fell down twice.
    4. Not able to get up early, as my baby gets up in Btwn nights for milk.
    5. Not taking medicine for thyroid due to some other issues. Since one week taking reqularly.

I very well know that all these are stupid reasons. Have to take action to overcome. Yesterday had fruits till evening and today due to festival had rice and pongal etc...

Initial target - have to reduce 5kgs by march 13.
    After seeing Sga's workouts...I feel guilt.
    Forgot to add...my hubby hardly helpsme in household or taking care of baby.

2 people like this.

2. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

All the Best Dear ..

I have all the time in this world to concentrate on my workout , i am just taking advantage of my time ..I know its difficult to handle things when you have a baby to take care of...

one trick that may help ...Decide to do any 10 body toning workout .......Just do one-one workout whenever you get time in a day for 10-15 rep , it will hardly take 30sec but at the end of the day you will have 10 workout

Dont neglect your medicines

4 people like this.
  3. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Thanks yaar... As of now concentrating only on the mini workouts which u specified...

4. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Akineel - is it possible for you to split your workouts? That's one thing which is working for me now. I get up little early and try to walk for 15 mts. Then right after my work. Some times after my dinner. Whenever I have some free time....

2 people like this.
  5. deepanika

deepanika Senior IL'ite

Hi SGA, Im also in the same boat as the OP, can you please suggest some body toning workouts which I can do as you specified several times a day thanks

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Don't we all, it is frustating, irritating and add to that guilt when the scale oscillates and goes back upwards instead of going down. so you feel the need to rant, finish it up. it is said that anger, guilt do not help during weight loss.

every gram counts dear..so don't look down on that 3 kgs lose. it is ok if you put on those 2 kgs..you will lose it..

look at it as a calories well spent..a workout..you will not resent it. infact you will look at ways to make it more effective. when the maid does not come, my dishes are extra shining, reason i put in more effort. my floor is double shiny because i mop it twice..:hide: and tend to fall sick because of the exertion ..so learnt to take a median..

carrying him and walking you are burning calories, albeit try to make him sit in the stroller, talk to him, sing to him, and make him enjoy. maybe you should practice this at home, so that he becomes comfortable.

when you know your kiddo is immitating, just do fast walk and maybe a little wiggle and jiggle dance so that the kiddo enjoys and you are also exercising..or why not get down a few pillows for him to try his moves on..

don't be hard on yourself. know some people who cannot get up even though they dont have a reason.. if you cannot fall asleep once you get up, maybe you could do those mini reps in between. load them on to your mobile if need be..that way you don't need to switch on your laptop in between.

nothing is worth punishing your health. do not play with medicines. take them. i do not want to assume your issues.

nothing is stupid reasons. if it is bothering you, they are not stupid, if they are stupid for somebody so be it. each one has their own way of looking at things. and it is a festival and you had enjoyed pongal.it is not a criminal offence.

small targets..focus and you are going to be there..
    don't be guilty. SGA has lot of time right now, and she is mainly focussed on her waist and nothing else. do not compare. oh, i will have a complex if i have to compare with all of them. i only walk..

talk to him. and tell him you want a 20 minutes minium me time everyday, tell him i love our baby, but i also want to love myself, or i will lose focus and be frustated with our life on a day to day basis. and i need your help for the me, time, and you would love to have his support to lose weight. if he tells you you are looking great the way you are, you tell him that i need to do it for myself and my family, to be fit..

so akineel, these are not great obstacles , once you learn to manage your time, and set right your priorities, you are going to be there at the finish line smiling..:thumbsup

12 people like this.
  7. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anikeel,

This actually is a challenging work out. If you find this difficult then after 10 - 15 minutes just do the rounds to and fro. For example, try doing 10 rounds to and fro carrying the baby. Once you get comfortable you can increase the amount. Its like carrying a weight and walking which is very challenging for the body. Don't try to do brisk walk with the baby. Just estimate a distance and do the rounds at a very low pace.

Whenever doing a work out with the baby always put him somewhere safe. You can strap him on a baby chair and give him food. He can see you moving and might like to sit for 10 -15 minutes. He might even enjoy the activity of mommy jumping and dancing in front of him :).

Don't do this. If you are on fruits the whole day then you are bound to break during the evening.

Talk to your husband. Ask him to just take care of the baby for 30- 45 minutes. Fix a time with him and leave the baby and go for the workout. It will help if he supports you.

As Anjanag suggested divide your workout time, it works.

All the very best.

regards

5 people like this.
  8. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Will give you entire list 2marrow for Tonning workouts :cheers

2 people like this.
  9. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

@ deepanika

Here is the link of different workout for toning body ...it gives you workout for different part of body

Check Below link

Exercise Finder, health - divine.ca - Page 2 - Page 2

As for my workout i am doing following workout
    ABS:
    tanding Leg Lift ( side )
    leg raise (sleeping)
    Standing Side crunch
    AB crunches
    Toe touch
    Side bend
    Alternate toe touch
    Air cyclying
    Standing leg lift (front)
    Oblique
    sit ups

For upper body :with weights
    Straight leg deadlift
    Dumbbell press
    Dumbbell fly
    Dumbbell pull over
    Tricep Pullover
    Dumbbell-Triceps-Kickbacks
    Alternate dumbbell row
    Dumbbell curl
    Alternate Dumbbell curl
    Push up
    Back clapping

Hope this helps you ...All the best :cheers

2 people like this.
  10. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Sga and anjanag. As u gals suggested will split my workouts and do whenever I get time.

1 person likes this.