How to overcome negative comments ---- please advise

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by VaniVyas, Jun 24, 2014.

1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

True !

My reaction would be :

I will not ask her to mind her business.

I will not run to the Police Station to seek protection against her harassment.

But, surely I will do one thing:

I will feel flattered by that female attention and will profusely thank her, whole heartedly ! yumsmiley

The OP, said her friend was deeply disturbed and annoyed by that comment. (that is what prompted the OP to start this thread). That is why I told about a provision of the relevant Law. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

OP,

You could warn your friend about the characters of the said guy, and ask her to be guarded and not to loan him any money. Am wondering if the guy is trying to be friendly to get some money (as seems to be his character as per your post).

From the comment you had posted, his wording does not appear to be aimed to hurt your friend. It appears to be more of a caution to one colleague to another colleague/ friend. You did mention your friend's neckline was lower. So wondering, if she was not careful enough, which triggered a conversation by onlookers, making him to point out the same to your friend. Of course, anyone in her situation would be embarrassed.

But I do not see the need to file a case against this guy. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    JM

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

u tell that office boy that he should know to keep his limits.His job is with the CEO and not the friends.
    If u want to be more diplomatic,tell him that the friend knows how to dress.thanks for the concern but sometimes these things r personal.