How to make VEGGIE PATTY

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sanravi_1970, Mar 8, 2007.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies

Can anyone post how to make the subway sandwitch "VEGGIE PATTY". so that we can prepare sandwitch at home.

Thanks
    san

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

Actually I cant understand your question. Do you want to prepare Sandwitches with sandwitch maker or any thing other than that?

Please explain.

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Have u tasted the subway sandwitch. They keep a veggie patty, a mix of vegetables, within the sandwitch and along with that they give fresh vegetables based on our need. I thought instead of having sandwitches everytime at subway, i want to make it at home.

the fact is i dont know how to make that patty.

So posted here as someone cud help.

thanks

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sanravi,

I seem to have missed your question. Usually the patties( veg) that are used by Subway, Mac etc... are made of textured Soya protein ( that is very finely ground soya flakes) , plus all the veggies and seasonings. If you like you do get them ready made in the frozen section of your grocer. It is called boca burger or garden burger. The other one in Trader Joes is called Dr.Praegers Brand. They have a whole range of garden bugers like Tex mex, bombay masala etc...

I do not know a recipe for making this at home from scratch.

Vandhana

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi vandhana

I have tried getting the frozen ones, but since it expires soon , i thought i can make myself wenever we need.

thanks
    san

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I was about to mention the ones from Trader Joe's and see that Vandhana has beaten me to it. I like the TJ's own veggie patties/burgers. Do try them. Also, Chitvish has given many veggie, corn and other patty/cutlet recipes. They should work fine too for a veggie burger. Try them.

L, Kamla

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi

As kamala told make 'cutlets' and with out frying them just put them one by one on hot tava and pour oil around them. Keep them in a plate. Cut the bun into half or you can get cut buns. First place the bottom piece on a plate. Pour one teaspoon of tomato ketch up on that. Pour one sp. Mayonnese on that. place one lettuce leaf on that. Place one prepared 'veg.cutlet' on that. again place one lettues leaf, one spoon mayonnese and tomato sause.

Close with the other half bun. Serve with French fries and coke.

I think this is what you want.:-D

Note: You can place tomato slices, Onion slices as per your wish. You can cut and keep lettues leaves.

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

ok thanks everybody, i will try making cutlets and have it in sandwitch. Thnaks for the details given by vandhana and the detailed preparation explanation by krishnamma. Thanks kamla, can u give me the link where chitra has given cutlet recipes.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sanravi,
    i make them at home and to bind them i use bread, just break them into pieces and run them in the blender dry, u get a wonderful powder, just add these to the boiled veg and add enough salt and spice, now u just shallow fry them no need of eggs and breadcrums and all, they r fine and firm, any big shape according to the bun size can be done, and fresh cucumber and tomatoes and lettuce leaves do wonders here...hope been of help...regards sunkan

10. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thanks for ur ideas sunkan, will try it

san