1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to make my hubby gain weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by seeba27, Sep 15, 2008.

1. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    My husband's height is 5.8.His weight should be above 70kg.But now he is 60kg.With my normal diet he is not putting even 0.5kg(we are married for 2 years).He looks lean and my relatives question me.Iam afraid to go to India since I cannot manage my in laws questions.
    I have seen some men who have put on so much weight after marraige,but dont know how.Iam confused with what to give to make him fat.
    Friends and senior ILites who have any experience with my situation please help me.My main aim for now is to make him fat :thumbsup ,with all your helps..
    Regards,
    seeba.

2. diyasmom

diyasmom New IL'ite

I am also in the same boat. My husband is 5.8" and he is 113lbs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

I am surprise to see this post as most of us want their hubby to reduce weight by hook or crook but u r ulta...

chelo here is my tip...

u can give milk with honey , i heard this makes u fat.....

and enjoy all oil foods u want :-(

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI seeba & divyamom...

here are few suggestions... apart from this... if possible give a ful meal(heavy) for dinner... sure that'll workout...

few more tips which was given by our IL frnd kirshnamma...

1. Take Milk with honey in the night.
    2. Take Complan or Amul Sakti with milk every day. (If you take Complan regularly before you finish the ½ kg tin you will put weight about 2 kgs.)

3. Take Cashew nuts more.
    4. Take Cream, cheese, cakes, Ice cream, Cho.
    5. Take Potato in any form. (Chips, Finger fries etc.,)
    6. Take fried items.
    7. Take curd instead butter milk.
    8. Take junk foods.
    9. Keep taking some snacks in between meals.
    10 You can use date syrup with milk.
    11. Take more bananas.
    12. Enjoy taking as much Sweet and milk product as possible.

all the best... hope this will help u both...

5. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for your useful tips.
    I will follow it and let you know the results.
    Should I give honey with hot or cold milk?
    I do not know if I can get complan in my area.will look in the supermarket when I go next time.
    The pitiful thing among all these is I become fat very easily and so I have to become blind while serving him all the above in the lists:rotfl:rotfl
    Regards,
    seeba.

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi seeba...

its hot milk only... true females put on weight very easily....

7. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Most men put on weight after their wedding b'coz their wives will do all the work for them and pamper them with all goodies. Lazy bones.

If he didnt lose all that weight after the wedding, then dont bother what others will say.

There are ways of putting on weight for men. They can put on and lose weight easily than women coz they have 20% more lean muscles than women.

Easy ways of adding weight without thinking much about health is by adding fried items and sugary foods everyday.

Healthy ways are milkshakes, dryfruits and good amount of weight training exercises.

Bananna, chikku and ripe mangoes are major weight adders.
    Make banana strawberry milkshake everyday for him.

Dryfruits drink - soak almond, cashew and fig and grind them to a fine paste along with raisins. Add milk and sugar to make a milkshake. Do not roast any dryfriuts. raw ones have more proteins in them.

Someone already added honey+milk, give this at nite not in the morning.

One more suggestion is do go for a health checkup to ensure he doesnt have any deficiency that might be the cause for his low weight.

Let us know after your hubby gets fat :)

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Has your husband gone for a annual health checkup/physical? If not, I would suggest to take an appointment and do that. The doctor will be able to judge if the underweight is a problem or not - some people are just lean/slim, and it is their body nature. If your doctor is not concerned, I wouldn't be.

How is his regular diet? Does he already eat a well balanced diet? If yes and if the health checkup is ok, then I would say abandon your "make him fat mission" and be happy you have a healthy husband...

9. pratapa

pratapa New IL'ite

I have always come across the ways to increase weight or efforts towards that. Never thought increasing weight is equally difficult:)

10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

There is no rule / norm that men should become fat after marriage !! Feeding junk food to an adult means inviting major health problems later on . Please don't add ' empty ' foods like cheese, chocolate, chips etc. just to increase a person's weight !! A heavier person doesn't mean a healthier person ! Still if you feel he has to gain weight, better to consult a nutritionist so that can get a healthy way to gain weight ;; just eating calorie rich, junk will harm the organs over a period of time.

If you want to improve your husband's physique, the other best way is to get him to do some exercise / strength-training so that he builds muscle . Some people have thin build , but are otherwise healthy and have no illness .. that's more important.
    My 2cents

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008