1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make Kids Complexion Fairer

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by mimi77, Jul 23, 2018.

1. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Mine is a school gping daughter....she does her regular outdoor school activity classes like pt ,games etc and also swimming classes twice a week....she does not have a fair skin and due to these activities her skin looks even darker....pls suggest some remedy to get a fairer and glowing skin for a daughter 10 years old

2. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Does kesar in milk help at this age?

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Please do not let your daughter develop a sense of inferiority because of her skin color. Please!

Do take care that her skin is healthy - give her lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of exercise.
    Let her run and play and go out in the sun. Just apply sunscreen when she is in the sun.

Weekly oil bath with good soap/body wash is sufficient.

Teach your daughter to be proud of who she is and teach her to excel in everything she does.
    Fair skin or dark skin is only outward appearance. Her beauty lies within her.

I totally abhor the "fair and lovely' ads and the unhealthy message they are spreading in a country where brown skin is predominant. So, if I write any more on this I may hurt your feelings. I'll stop here.

4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

I am not sure about improving complexion. But give her lots of fruits and vegetables. It boosts the glow of the skin. Well nourished skin looks beautiful. Keep the skin well moisturized and always protect from sun with sunscreen.

I knew a friend's daughter who used to be beautiful. She started wearing make up after entering middle school. She is 13 now and her skin is very rough and even turned darker. But that girl is not listening as all her friends wear makeup.

Keep your daughter away from chemicals. Choose the products wisely.

mimi77, kkrish and shravs3 like this.
  5. Hsharma2018

Hsharma2018 Senior IL'ite

Please please unsubscribe to this idea that being fairer is such a positive thing!!
    Protect her beautiful skin with sunscreen and resist the urge to want her skin to be lighter.

nakshatra1, mimi77 and kkrish like this.
  6. Hsharma2018

Hsharma2018 Senior IL'ite

Nope and it really doesn’t any time. We are all the color our genetics dictate besides those who use bleaching agents.

mimi77, kkrish and shravs3 like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Most children of that age tend to be heavily tanned. Swimming (Chlorine) must be adding to that. It is natural. You may massage her body with milk cream twice a week and once a week apply raw tomato puree all over the body and let it stay on for about 5 minutes and then she can have regular bath. Tomato puree reduces tan a little bit and the milk cream prevents skin dryness and keeps it supple. Use Sunscreen when she is outdoors during the day. Beyond that accept that tanning is a natural part of life (it is in fact a protective mechanism) and the skin colour is hereditary. Please don't fall for the skin colour changing advertisements or too much of DIY at her age. If you bother too much about this issue you will end up making her too conscious. TC.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    sindmani, alady2018, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I second Kkrish and the others. Sunscreen will protect her skin from harmful rays. Give her a bottle to carry to school and activities and teach her how to apply it before going into the sun. If her skin is dry she can use a gentle moisturizer for the body. Otherwise allow her to embrace her natural beauty. Please don't let her pick up on the "fair is better" attitude at such a young age.
    We had an elderly relative who would call the darker skinned children in our family "kakka" (Tamil word for crow) and after several decades I still think of that woman with negative feelings.

kkrish and mimi77 like this.
  9. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    You can use redsandalwood with milk and honey.I suggest you not to use powder as she is a kid..Get the red sandalwood stick and rub it on a stone .
    One more tip is milk powder with honey.

mimi77 likes this.
  10. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks friends for your tips and advice....Im absolutely happy with my daughter's skin colour.....she got it from me ......As in my case my skin colour has never negatively impacted me and I had never been conscious.....But my sis in law makes my life hell whenever she visits me.....She herself is so dark but all the time she advices me to apply keya seth's fairness cream on my daughter and this time her advice was to apply kesar with milk.....i really dont know what bothers her so much but she does so.....And hence I wanted to make sure if it really helps.....Anyways thanks a lot friends for your kind advice and positive words

kkrish and GeetaKashyap like this.