1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make First Time Special.

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by star90new, Jul 11, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Hello all of you..

I am not a newly wed .I am not sure if I can post this here. Please let me know if this is not allowed. Been married for almost three years now. We never consummated (main thing) due to several reasons (religious, distance living, studies and job). We had some serious relationship issues, and even thought of divorce at a time.

Planning to do it in the coming months as we have started getting pressure for a baby now. We satisfied eachother through other means last three years . I would like to get some ideas to make it special the first time. Though its been 3 years, I feel first time should be special. Help me out ladies. Share your thoughts?

Want to make it as memorable as possible. Can you share some ideas.
    I have few ideas in mind.since we are not newly weds we are comfortable with eachother though a bit scared of the pain.
    A second honeymoon would be good.
    I am a bit sentimental type, How did you guys have your first. One of my friends said they did it on one of their birthdays which was 4 months after the wedding. They also did it at their new home .(which my friend was adamant about). She says whenever she goes back to their home in India it reminds them of it and its nostalgic.

Another friend had it in husbands house and said she doesnt want to think about it again. Dont know what happened. I am thinking of going for vacation for two weeks to switzerland or the like just to enjoy ourselves. Will two weeks be good enough ? Will it be boring since we are not newly weds. Will we be physically in good condition to explore in case we get bored?

My second friend said she felt sad and depressed for weeks after the D day. She felt like she lost something that she would never get. Do girls normally feel sad about their first? While googling I read about girls keeping the bedsheets and stuff. One of my cousin had her first time before marriage and she said they took a weeks vacation and went abroad for it.

I am sorry if this is not allowed here.
    Please let me know.

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Star, I should confess I find your threads refreshing, as if they were from a different (fantasy) world that I do not know. Holding off on the first time for three YEARS, planning for it months in advance even after that three years wait, pressure for a baby also coming after three years, all these are unheard of. In my world, it just happens, any place, any time, any surface :) and if a nudge is needed anything could do, simple rain, jasmines, white wine would be better and some chocolate would make it even better but all of them could be there (in our minds) even if they are not there (actually) so I am having a hard time coming up with some ideas.
    Baby questions would have started a few months or within the first year at most and we would be planning a vacation in some infant friendly place with our at least one year old, with FIL, MIL,SIL, BIL and anyone else who wants to tag along so question of second honeymoon will not arise :)

I feel you are more lucky than your friend who's DH earns 9 lacs pm as your DH is ready to take you on honeymoon after 3 years of marriage. You can go to some place you always wanted to but haven't yet, stay in a nice resort or hotel, forget about everything else and once you get started you will not get bored so you can plan for four weeks as well if that's an option. I will be looking for your post-honeymoon thread :)

vaidehi71 and hardicck like this.
  3. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

I know its a bit rare but as I said we had some issues between us. It is solved now.
    Most of mine and hubbies cousins are older than us and yet to have kids. I think many in this generation take time to have kids or maybe they are having some medical issue.

We have had our share of lovey dovey moments without the main deal. Actually we did go for a honeymoon but it turned out to be just a trip abroad as my husband fell sick . Whenever we tried one or the other thing happened.

Thanks for the response dear. I like the idea of white vine and staying for more than two weeks.

Lalithambigai likes this.
  4. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

None of the above reasons appear convincing.

You should first seriously ponder over your past 3 years.

Something is wrong with you or him or both. Mentally or physically or both ways. Both of you together should seek professional help from an expert.

Just planning for a special occasion will not solve the issue, ( remaining and unresolved for the past three years) which entails intervention from a professional medical expert.

Seek advice from one.

5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

U have a good honeymoon and even the thought of u guys going after three years makes me smile ,happy for u ..
    Yes y don’t u make it romantic plan things that are just for couples ..ask the hotel manager to decor the room for the honeymoon style they will do it for u..u have a good set of lingeries..
    Yes some might feel depressed but since u are going to be out in Swiss make the best out of it.2 weeks is a lot but it’s up to you..
    I think a getaway is good idea for u both to share the thoughts and having a bonding emotional first which u said since u guys had issues ..I don’t mean u have to bring up the topic ..
    Have fun fun fun !!!!

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Well some ladies do attach a lot of sentiment to the "first time".. And some just go with the flow.
    Do what makes you happy.
    Go to a vacation spot of your choice, book a hotel room with a good ambience, pack some, good lingerie, switch off all gadgets, and have some romantic nights with your hubby.
    You would then have some happy and romantic memories of the first time .
    Being in a good state of mind is also important during TTC ..u need to address the issues which made both of u not to consummate for 3 full years of marriage, parallely because you still have many many more years of married life and a holiday abroad can only help to some extent.

7. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

3yrs n not consummated? Sounds too good to believe! I mean its too long for couples to not consummate. But ya, one week or 10days long vacation...some good lingerie, perfume, room decorated and thats it.