1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make Feed Healthy Food Himself?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Reesha, May 24, 2016.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

i am mother of 2.5 yr old cranky boy. until now i am feeding his regular breakfast , lunch, dinner. He can feed himself if he interested. but when ever he feels hungry, he is asking for chocolates, biscuits, dry nuts & grocery eatable items which are eatable but not prepared dishes which are infront of him like dosa, puri, upma & rice. He is not at all interested to food from 6 month onwards, every time its battle to me to feed him. i offered all varieties of foods to him. he interested very few items & that too in very little quantity(max of 4 pieces) .

after 6 months, i am planing to join him in playgroup, i am worrying now how he can feed himself in that bunch of class & with in short time? How i can help him to make habituate to feed box of items himself with intrest(to avoid his morning hungry) ? even i am feeding him enough quantity food very well, he is not gaining weight much because he is not eating with intrest.

2. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

Reesha,

I have 2 year DS who goes to day care, he eats well at daycare finished his box and all the snacks i send him. But home he was cranky. I observed that at home he was mostly idle or sitting &playing not much physical activity, so I started taking for out side play in morning and evening before his lunch and dinner. After that he would be super hunger and eat what ever i give him. I always make sure that snacks are out of his sight even if he demands I never give him & strictly for snack time in the evening.

Don't worry much about weight gain, as along as he is active.