How To Maintain/clean Carpet Floors? Any Ideas To Have Clean Carpets?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gknew, Jun 2, 2018.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am living in an apartment complex. I have vinyl flooring in my house right now. I am moving to a different apartment next month which has a carpet flooring.
    I am not sure how to take care of carpet floorings. What are the precautions or cleaning methods do you use for the carpet floor? I have a son who is four and a half years old. He is always play with water,paint and other stuff and make my current flooring messy. I used to mop it.
    Since moving to a carpet flooring, i am just thinking how to clean it up in a daily basis. I do have a vacuum cleaner which I use it to vacuum my vinyl flooring and big rugs. Something like this

www.target.com/p/dirt-devil-174-sim...

Is this sufficient for the carpet floors or do I get a bigger ones? Any suggestions for the brand?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

2. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Your vacuum cleaner is fine. But with a young kid, you will need to vacuum atleast every alternate day. Carpets attract dust and can cause asthma and skin allergies. Use a washable playrug which you can wipe clean with a damp cloth when your son paints etc.

gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your inputs.

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Buy a big area rug to cover the living area ie end to end of sofa. So that beneath area stays good.
    In your kids room too cover with a area rug on the carpeted area.
    You can get from Target/Walmart/ Costco
    You have to vaccum alternate days.
    2 or 3 month once you can go for carpet washing by renting the machine from Home Depot which is 25$, rug Doctor.

gknew likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your inputs. The rug doctor is a good idea..Haven't heard of it before..Will check it out.