1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How To Keep The Toilets Clean

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kanaka Raghavan, Sep 23, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I forgot to add in my post here that even tissue papers blotted with blood are thrown in bins or sometimes in the commode. The cleaner is a male and since I am in HR, he keeps telling me to ask the women to be more neater. Dirty sight!!!!!!:shhh:

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    useful thread, but many people feel embarassed about talking these things.
    All the said problems occur because basically Indians were using open places earlier and that feeling is still in our genes, I suppose.
    Well, the concept of cleanliness is only catching up recently. Many people do not know how to use a commode and usually they have to clean up themselves outside the commode-no jet is provided in the commode itself. This is the reason for such soiled toilets.
    Now good quality jets are available to be fixed in the toilet seat so that washing is easy. My fil who is paralysed on the right side, finds our house very convenient to use. He need not wash himself under the tap and wet the whole toilet.
    I prefer a squatting type toilet-no fear of infection and also easy to clean.
    But women must take care to dispose of the waste to avoid problem for others.

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

But what I have heard is, when you flush the toilet, the lid has to be closed. Becos flushing spreads germs everywhere.

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

In my hostel also, most of the people cover the napkin with paper and keep in the toilet. and they forget to dispose it.This is really a bad habit.They should have their conscious in this reg.

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

I forgot to include one thing ladies, dont keep your tooth brushes in your toilet.In these days we have attached toilet only.Tooth brushes should be kept atleast ten feet away from the commode.

6. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi everyone,that was toilet manners discussed to detail.About flushing before using ...,I think thats a good idea to mask any sounds.there are people who actually ignorant about these issues.Mals your description was hilarious. Humera

7. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear ils,

THis is a very good thread.When we talk about everything why not this.I liked the way mals expressed her anger.

I always clean my bathrooms and toilet before taking bath.I got this habit from my mom.As we have 2 toilets(bath cum toilet),we use one for toilet purpose and the other for taking bath,brushing etc.We use both only during fns when there are more people in our house.

Recently i had to stay at singapore airport before taking next flight.There i saw the neatness of americans.One american lady washed her face in the wash basin and after everything she just took a tissue and wiped outside the wash basin and went.
    How many of us do this.Some people even don't throw the tissue in the dust bins.

and also i have seen mothers letting their kids to use the toilets alone.They come without flushing even.Kids should be trained how to use the toilets first.smaller kids should be accompanied by the mothers.

Atleast we should have the feeling that others are also using the same toilets.

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

Prana mentioned about keeping the toothbrushes 10 feet away from the commode...but what if the whole bathroom is going be only about 10 feet..?

We get tooth brush holders/covers which we can use...if not close the commode when flushing.

But as a general practice we keep all the toilet lids closed in all the bathrooms in our home. It has become a habit now..even for my kids.

Also when cleaning the toilets, we should also clean the flush handles, door knobs ( inside and outside) of the bathroom doors.

If it is going to be dry system as in US..better to wash all the bathroom rugs twice a week, and clean the entire bathroom floor using a good disinfectant...these need to be done when we clean the toilets.

Most important thing..it is advisbale to wear a good pair of gloves before cleaning.

Please keep all the soaps,shampoos,lotions, toothbrushes etc outside the bathroom before we start cleaning.

We can put them back inside once everything is clean and dry..that way the these items are not sprayed on with the cleaning materials.

Btw, Malspie's description was absolutely funny and had me in splits...sure you have a way with words Malspie....Big Laugh

Cheers
    Krithika (Jithiks)

9. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hi,

thanx for the info, never knew to flush before, my friend told to use baking soda every two days, after flushing add soda and walk out and flush whenever we come to use bathroom.by doing this there will be no smell and cleaning can be done with ease.
    regards, shwetha

10. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

This is such an interesting thread.
    I agree we need to take gud care of cleanliness in bathroom as that is the place where all infections raise.
    Mals u really have a humor streak in all matters girl!!

I used to work in an MNC where all the womens loo was always a messWitsend
    People used to make a mess of the commode and one gross thing was they used to comb their hair and put all the fallen hair in the wash basin.The cleaning woman was always complaining.
    Once we all girls had a separate meeting wherein HR took a class for maintaining bathroom hygiene.The look the men were giving us once we came out of the meeting was such....RantRant

suji