1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to keep mouth shut?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rose8282, Sep 21, 2010.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends,

I dont have any major problems...specially due to anyone else.Whatever problem is there, is self-created.
    Just a small example would be telling my MIL everything...she is very nice and has a clean heart..but she never forgets anything and at the right time she will take out the issue by just mentioning it casually.I cannot explain what exactly is the matter here...
    Also I am bit short tempered...I just want to control my tongue which I use excessively on my poor husband.He is so nice that he will be patient till I cool down.It is I who will start the blame game:hide:...for eg..if something is missing..I will ask him where he kept it and it is missing because he kept it somewhere.Although I apologise..action once done is done.

These may look simple and silly...but no problem is big or small..a problem is problem right?:) and I want to rectify it.I just want a trick to keep reminding myself..or something anyone has done under such circumstances.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Practise sitting silently for half hour in a day...or meditation or yoga...that just slows down the body and thought process...helps alot :)

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

@srividya...oh,although I know the effects of meditation,it never struck me that it can be a solution to my insanity:) Infact I tried it long long time back..but then my mind cannot concentrate for long without thinking anything.
    I will definitely try doing it now...Thank you so much:bowdown

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

sweetheart

its not insanity and also its not to keep our mouth shut, meditation just helps us slow down...yeah i had the same problem during initial years of my marriage...open my mouth and just blurt out everything to my inlaws...as usual consequences have to be faced by us anyways...so its all about learning from past mistakes...

now that you know, whenever you are talking...just ensure slow down...watch out or frame sentences even before you start talking. inshort...think and weigh words before you talk...tough to do...but practise surely helps...(by the way am also still learning )

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I understand now...I will work on it since I also have concentration issues and perhaps meditation will bring a change in me.

6. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

yes do meditate. also try to keep mouth shut JUST SHUT when you wanna speak. actually i have the same issue like yours.

7. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Dear ros8282,

how would you feel if your hubby does that to you?
    wouldn't you feel hurt?
    so stop taking your hubby for granted since he remains silent until you cool off.

next time when you are about to nag or burst in anger, think whether it's necessary.
    tell yourself by doing so you will spoil the good mood and it's not healthy for the relationship.
    and you know you will regret it later for doing that to your hubby.
    practice this and eventually you will stopping doing it.

solve any issues in a proper manner; talking to hubby in calm manner.

all the best.