How to inform everyone about second pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rajapriyab, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have 1 year old kid and now I got pregnant again. Its verymuch unplanned. Since I dont want to kill my own, am going to deliver it. I am not getting any support from husband since he is not happy with my pregnancy.

Leaving all family problems aside, how do i inform about this at my office? I delivered my girl on Oct 2011 and rejoined at office on Apr2012. Now am expecting on June 2013 and I have to take leave from June starting atleast. I dont feel comfort to inform this to office collegues. :drowning

Friends, anyone come across this kind of situation? how did u react? Suggest me please.

2. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear, I am not in your situation but I would like to say . Dont inform your office colleagues right away. Wait for atleast 4months and then inform everybody at same time including your manager. Nobody has right to comment against you. You dont have to feel guilty at all. Your HR have leave policy and rules for maternity just like you had for first pregnancy ,so your manager will have to follow and grant you leave he cannot say no.You deserve the right to take off on sick days and doctor appointments so dont feel shy to ask for leave.

Always remeber family comes first.

This happened to you accidentally which was not in your hands. Think it as a gods gift to you. Your husband may not be supportive in the beginning as its unplanned but eventually things will settle. He will take care of you well. You just think about the baby health.Its very important that you have to be tension free and happy to have a healthy child.

Preganancy is a wonderful experience for every women so enjoy it, you can achieve anything later but pregnancy may happen only few times depending on how many kids you want. Make it memorable .

Once everyone knows the news of your pregnancy at work they will treat you well like how it happened for your first. Your colleagues will come to you asking what foods you crave, what do you want us to cook, they keep asking how ur feeling, they will lend you chair to sit. Think about all these which makes you special being pregnant. Congratulations and good luck.

3. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

First and foremost...don't tell anyone in office that it was unplanned. I don't think they can question you about your decision. Tell everyone that you did not want to have too much gap and thought it will be better this way as you will be done with the raising part soon. Some of my friends actually planned their pregnancies closer so that both the kids will be raised together.

Good Luck...It is definitely going to be a joy ride. The first two yrs might be a little difficult but once the kid is 2 something you will be free and you will be able to concentrate more on your career.