How to increase weight during 6th month onwards..please help!! Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by desichick123, Jan 16, 2014.

1. desichick123

desichick123 Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,

I am carrying twins and am in my 6th month now..

I am staying with my parents who are helping me with my pregnancy..but the problem is, they are old and they can only do so much of help for me..

I am unable to eat the food cooked by them..they do not give me as much fruits,juices,milk,curd am supposed to take..I am losing weight in fact which I think is not healthy..

But I do not know how to tell them to give me extra care..

Can you please give me some tips on food which can be bought from outside to supplement? Like protein powder, fruits, curd etc?

When will we start putting on weight during our pregnancy?

Please help ladies.. this is killing me and am crying silently without my parents knowing about it..

2. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

My gynec prescribed baby and me as I did not gain weight till 7th month. later my bro got dry fruit laddoos often to help in gaining weight which were healthy too

1 person likes this.
  3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Where is your husband and why are you staying with your parents? Are you living far away from grocery stores? Get your favorite food and eat quite often.

1 person likes this.
  4. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

You will have to eat 5-6 meals a day. You can have carrots, cucumber, vegetable sandwiches, these things you can do on your own. Dry fruits are high weight gainers.foods high in proteins does help increases weight especially the babies. Since you are having twins its important that you have foods rich in calcium i.e. milk, curd(room temperature) cheese.

do Include leafy vegetables spinach etc. have lots of pulses which are needed for brain development. babies start to gain wt from the 7th month. I am sure you can manage some cooking. you can give some hints to your mom about certain things you would like her to prepare for you. I am sure she wont say no. All the best dear

1 person likes this.
  5. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

why don't you hire a cook for yourself. she can cook for you as per your choice and you can instruct her for that and its also gonna help your old parents.

You can visit near by grocery stores or if homedelivery is there you can order your choice of things. For fresh juice you can hire a vendor to deliver fresh juice daily.As you are at your parents home you can comfortably do this and it will be a help to your parents too.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Hearty congratulations.
    I am as well in 6th month.
    I had similar problem but with in laws who dint bother to cook what could be edible for me.So now they have left and I have a cook.
    So you can do the same.Also add some nuts, milk and rice(if you like), greens, dal,egg to your daily diet.Adding greens increases your HB so your energy level goes up.
    For the first few i have mentioned you dont have to put on effort,like you can grab a glass of milk when ever you feel like.
    For rice greens and dal. You can mention to your mom can we cook this way I will help you kind off feeling like eating new recopies or new taste.if greens are cleaned hardly takes 20 mins to cook it.Also boiled egg/omelette will take just 5 mins.
    So when you know you have energy go for it.All the best dear. Don't cry and pent up inside.Better to express and get it solved not good for baby if your crying.
    take care :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

hi..
    I forgot to add, if you want get from outside.
    You can get tender coconut,fresh fruit juices and I have heard Amway protein powder many people buy that.Also some people sell home made roti's so you can go for that also.

1 person likes this.
  8. desichick123

desichick123 Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

All of you have given me very good suggestions..thank you so much..i will use them accordingly..will update you all in a week or so, after checking my weight again...

1 person likes this.