1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle this????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Feb 17, 2010.

1. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Tugga.. you will be there in India in 2 weeks... don't stir up a hurricane before you land... you need to play this with tact... ask your cousin to look up the apts and line them up for you to see maybe in the following 10 days... meanwhile go stay with DH & BIL in that small house & keep pointing out the inconveniences which NOT YOU but your Dh and BIL are feeling becoz you've arrived and you all need to share this hole.... at the same time take BIL with you to see the new apts let him feel the comfort in living in them and initiate the talks with FIL...you need to get them to talk you stay away from the topic...
    You may be very uncomfortable and miserable in this place at the moment but bear it up DON'T EVER make the mistake of going to your moms...
    Thats what my common sense tells me...
    all the best
    K

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Thanks yaar,

Yes, my instinct too say that I shouldn't go and stay at my momma's place, though I will have a fabulous stay there, I may not be able to fix my marital problems from a distance place. So, I will go back to my hubby's little appartment and see how it goes.

My BIL is kind of lazy fellow. He told to my DH that he can't come and visit all the appartments, rather he would prefer to stay in this old one alone. But my DH is sure that his brother will come and join us immediately once we find a better home than this. Bottom line, my BIL is not corporative, but not a problem maker though.

My DH will never try to look for homes in this life... Because he could be scared of his dad, or could be thinking in the same lines as his dad's. He is just unable to refuse my plans, as I am so firm this time. So, he gave me a go ahead signal to look appartments via my contacts, and then we can jointly finalyse it later.

I am pretty sure that my DH will find 10000000000000s of problems in the appartments that my cousin is going to show us. It is simply because he doesn't wanna move from his current home by breaching his dad's order.

I need all of your advises to make him convince and accept my idea of moving whole heartedly.

I can read his mind quite very well. He just loves to enjoy our stay in a new house, and wants to see me happy. At the same time, he is used to bend backward towards his dad's orders since childhood. This is how he has been brought up. Specially after marriage, he bacame so dutiful son to his dad, and hence doesn't wanna make his dad upset because of his act. This is what something I need to work out.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Tugga, I think ur FIL is a smart or money minded person.
    He's trying to save money by making u guys live tog in 1 apt that too 1Bedroom which is a lower rent. If a 28 yr old is not fit for metro life then I guess he wont be fit for marriage as well so these are lame excuses.

If nothing works out & your DH is not in agreement to shift to a new 2 bedroom apt then make huge noises in your bedroom.. am sure atleast ur BIL will run away :rotfl!!!

I have a noisy neighbours upstairs who fancy making love in bathroom & with huge number of noises & my kids just run towards that side telling me in kiddish tone--- mummy Uncle's doing naughty & aunty's getting hurt.... am sure if kids cant tolerate it a 28 yr BIL will surely not bear it for long :crazy.

4. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

dear Tugga,

its really nice to hear that you are taking efforts to bridge the gap between you and your hubby.

first you come to india and take care of the situations. half the battle will be won by being physically present here and close to your hubby.

i totally agree with feduptocore. dont create a hurricane right now. just be quiet and steady in your plans. dont ring up to FIL and tell all your plans. since you already know that he is not going to agree to anything and is also trying his level best to create more issues. just inform stuffs like when you are coming etc. dont argue more than that. if he brings up more issues tell him that after coming to India you will see what needs to be done. dont discuss any issues on the phone.

once here see how you can get close to your hubby instead of thinking how to deal with FIL. and dont expect things to happen in a day. it will take some time to settle but will definitely work out. concentrate more on your apartment issue, you job, BIL arrangement etc instead of what FIL is saying and other silly issues.

cheers.

5. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hey Shilpa,

You are so funny, but your ideas are really worth doing it:rotfl:crazy

Well, I too have a crazy plan... Let me share that here.

I am sure my DH will be longing to have intimacy with me, as he missed me during all these days ( Almost 2 months). I thought, I will not corporate with him this time, saying I am not comfortable to have fun/intimacy with him while his brother is just in the next door. Also, it is indeed very uncomfortable to walk to the bathroom after this, as I will have to pass my BIL (hope you can imagine how bad it would be to change cloths for everytime to access bathrooms in the nights). So, I am going to say a BIG NO to my DH unless he has a plan otherwise.

I am sure my DH wouldn't force me, and basically he knows I am bit corporative otherwise, so he would start thinking about my issues this time.

I am very confident that my DH cannot wait a long time without having fun with me... specially if I am around, he just can't wait.. So he will surely move a bit. The rest I can handle it through my friends and cousins.

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi Ananthy

Thanks for your response.

I have tried my maximum to win my DH's love and affection by bending backwards towards his demands and by compromising all my wants. There were times, I felt like I have lost my personality and I just act like a replica of my DH. But all in vain, as I couldn't get anything from him instead of depression and over sadness.

This is where, I have decided to stand up for my self. I know my DH is so loving. I have experienced this many times whenever we are together and in private. He takes care of me like a baby, he tries his best to satisfy me.. His actions sometimes makes me feel like I am a princess, and the most luckiest wifey in this world. So, it is not that my DH doesn't love me, it is my FIL who is controling my DH, and indeed he has used my absence to interfere in my DH's life.

That's why I have decided to put my feet down, and make some sudden decisions, which may hurt or disapoint my DH though.

All my plan is not to win my DH's love... It is already there. So all what i need is to diplomatically take my DH from his dad's control. Its like giving him freedom of decision making, freedom of life... Basically I am going to grant his basic human rights, which is being violated by his dad over the past years.

I understood that fighting, crying, arguing, reasoning and sympathy creating wouldn't help. I am going to be little tactful and diplomatic woman this time.

7. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Tugga.. if you really want to get mean...then lead him along and stop at the right moment saying that BIL might hear and get embarrassed... now that will get the message....
    OMG.. thats tough
    K