1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get Out Of This Situation.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by key123, Mar 24, 2020.

1. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I had married 5 yrs back. It's a love marriage. My hubby is very good person before marriage. He always came to my home and talk very friendly to my parents and siblings. But after marriage he became very arrogant, money minded, very cheap behaviour over money. As I'm working i should not give a portion of salary to my family (not well settled, they spend all for my education). But before mrge all discussed that i ll giving some money to my family. But he totally changed. I adjusted that and i dint give money. Later he don't like my parents i dono. But he s thinking that i have to move nicely to their family.. my SIL is stay at my MIL home after her mrge along with her husband and kids. Not gng to her mil house. But i have to go nice with my mil. But he always scold my family members with cheap words. I quit my job after baby born. He s not giving any money for me for spending. But he s very much interested to give to his sister and kids. And very very cheap behaviour. I totally fed up with his character. Im thinking to file Divorce.. i just wanna be happy. I'm not happy while living with him. Please suggest any ideas. Can women can live after divorce?

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Women can indeed live after divorce.
    upload_2020-3-24_17-7-37.png

Some women, like Elizabeth Taylor, need more than one divorce to figure that out; but usually after the 2nd or 3rd time, they are sure they can. Having a beautiful face (with a chasme baddhur black mark on it) would help a lot too.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    blindpup10 and CuteCancer like this.
  3. simple1234

simple1234 Silver IL'ite

why can't you get a job again and you will have control your money. I'm sure this problem will run away after sometime.

drdiva likes this.
  4. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Not everyone who says they want divorce, get a divorce. Very few actually go through the process and get it.
    Try separation first without filing divorce. Move to your parents house, get a job and see how it goes. If the situation doesnt change or your husband's behavior is same then think of divorce.

so many women do this and many have success in making their spouse understand. try that. Being in a unhappy and stressful environment is not good for anyone.

drdiva and Amulet like this.
  5. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Hi.. most men mentality is like this who favor their folks over spouses. And ur H is just being any other man and u don’t spoil ur mind over why he changed like this. When did u had a baby, is ur kid new born.. bringing a new born can bring all the emotional stress and some men don’t know how to balance spouse and folks under same roof. U r feeling all that coz of lack of ur H support.
    Stop thinking of divorce before u stabilize ur situation, get back to work and see ur options. And keep minimal talk and least expectations from him. And don’t tell him if u want to support ur folks once u start earning. Do what you like with ur money and see how things will be then. If he’s still controlling u, have a talk about ur consideration on divorce. And u can boldly take a step when u have the confidence in u.
    But before all this, him behaving badly w ur folks is something bothering u, and are u looking for a fix to this problem? Did u consider talking about it. And is ur sil and family all living under one roof and creating issues to ur family. Sort out all the issues with him, if he doesn’t want to consider ur problems then think about the drastic steps.
    Divorce is always an option when things don’t work in favor. But if you start thinking of quitting u will only think in that direction than fixing ur relationship with him. Try ur best to make it work before u tune ur mind to quit.
    Once married H wants u to only focus on him and his family and forget that u came from a family and they r equally important to u. Slowly make him understand than fighting on differences shown.

KashmirFlower likes this.