How To Get Motivated To Study Again

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuiDhaaga, May 2, 2023.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Every since my Dad's health scare I lost my motivation to study

Instead I feel more comfortable doing food prep and sewing projects. I am currently up-cycling my second saree I purchased from amazon, had no fall or pico (am using bias tape in place for pico)

I wish there was more than 24 hours in a day

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE, YOU NEED TO STUDY, THATS WHAT I HEARD FROM SOMEONE TODAY, WHAT IS YOUR NEXT GOAL. THINKING ABOUT THAT START STUDYING.. IN THIS 15 YRS OF MY MARRIED LIFE FIRST TIME MY HUSBAND ASKED ME WHY DONT YOU STUDY???? TILL THEN IT NEVER STUCK TO MY HEAD THAT I CAN RESTART STUDYING SOMETHING...

JUST NOW 5 MINS AGO I WAS READING NEWS.. 81 YR OLD GOT HER COLLEGE DEGRESS.. DAUGHTER IS TELLING ABOUT HER..AT 81 SHE STILL HAS A FUTURE....AMAZING HAA THE WAY THEY THINK :thumbup:

gknew, Thyagarajan and SuiDhaaga like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

I'd like to continue studying that SC-200 Microsoft Certification. If I can work in 2 hours a day, I would learn sufficiently.

Will see how much I can do today.

Got a pile of stuff I need to take care of. But somehow I got to work in those 2 hours.

swarnamary likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

swarnamary and SuiDhaaga like this.
  5. SuiDhaaga

Thank you for clip

It is an honorary degree. Hope she gets higher degrees!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

I re-read this

Today I studied 45 minutes (I'm too sleepy). Will post my time log on my SC-200 or Bust thread.

Thyagarajan and swarnamary like this.
  7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I'm also in this situation. I used to love being a student - so much that I earned myself multiple masters degrees. However, due to circumstances I had to take time out from work since past decade. Now I feel all my skills are outdated and rusty.

I want to study but I am not sure where my interest lies any more since I am not the same person I was a decade ago. I want to choose carefully and go into a field that I like. However, to find time to analyse this is next to impossible considering that there is always so much going on.... Even reading a story book that used to be a pleasurable hobby got lost somewhere and I cannot read a book to save my life now. My mind constantly wanders off to that pending chore or that phone call I need to make.....

Wonder how does one get back that zest to learn, read, pursue other interests etc after a long break? If anyone has experience, please chime in.

swarnamary and SuiDhaaga like this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

I would advise to stick to STEM - no matter which alphabet you choose it will translate to a stable, decent paying job.

I am forcing myself to set aside time to study and then post on IL. It is so difficult, but you got to try.

swarnamary and gamma50g like this.
  9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

I am also in same boat only difference I don’t have any degrees like you other than that everything same same my husband now suggesting why don’t you study something now I can’t think of anything to do except teaching side I use to love to be a teacher long back but now that is low paying job and these days to deal with ours is big hassle and to deal other kids is going to be very challenging I need to think And do some talking and do some homework….

10. SuiDhaaga

Maybe you can see Microsoft certifications. Once you get certified, you can certify to become Microsoft trainer.

swarnamary likes this.