How to get Deposit & other payments made to letting agent, who has not offrd prpty?

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by CheatedinLondon, Feb 22, 2012.

1. london

london New IL'ite

Re: How to get Deposit & other payments made to letting agent, who has not offrd prpt

Does anyone know of any mode to contact Danyal Adam ? If so kindly share the details so that all be aware of the same.And also please let know if anyone else too had any luck so far in retrieving the money from them.

2. pakhalid

pakhalid New IL'ite

Re: How to get Deposit & other payments made to letting agent, who has not offrd prpt

Hello all
    I came across Danyal Adam (Rubina, Faz, Mr Akram) in May 2012. The story is pretty similar to most of yours. They wouldn't give back my 1800 pounds. I called and hassled them pretty much everyday. I spoke to their neighbouring shops who advised that I wasn't the first person having these problems.

I managed to get 900 pounds back in Semptember, following numerous calls and visits. Since then they have closed shop and opened up next door where Rubina tells me she no longer has any dealings with Danyal Adam. This is obvious fraud and the entire team are liars. I have lodged a complain with Trading Standards (Redbridge) who have taken the case officially and are investigating.

I think our only option is to collectively raise the issue and hope that with all our complains it will be taken on officially, either with the Police or some TV show like Watchdog.

Lets not let these dirty people get away with robbery.

3. LBRedbridge

LBRedbridge New IL'ite

Redbridge Council's Trading Standards team would like to hear from anyone with issues concerning letting agencies in Redbridge.

Please contact Trading Standards by email, Trading.standards@redbridge.gov.uk.

Many Thanks

Redbridge Trading Standards

4. madlady

madlady New IL'ite

I believe they have now changed to Opal Estates, IG1 4TD
    The number there is 020 8554 6677
    The gentleman there goes by the name Waheed or Mr. Husain or Mr. Jahed...not sure about that, but this seems to be the guys you are after. Goodluck!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. pakhalid

pakhalid New IL'ite

Hello all
    Just to keep you guys updated, I have been in touch with Companies House Inquiries as suggested by an earlier post and they have agreed to suspend the dissolution of Danyal Adam agents. Also Trading Standards are fully involved in this investigation so please provide them with as much info as you can. Thanks

6. ashok11singh

ashok11singh New IL'ite

Hi all,

Even I have lost money - 2000 pounds to these frauds and I am completely frustrated.. I am in touch with trading standards agency, but I am not sure if I can get the money back... I even lodged a police complaint... even that hasn't helped me... I am wondering if there is any better way to nail these crooks. I want to approach the Mayor of Ilford or even the press like BBC or Daily mail. If you think like me, please call me on 07424585887.

Thanks
    Ashok

7. pritpatel123

pritpatel123 New IL'ite

i have had same problems . Danyal Adams have taken deposits and rent and not given them to thetenants and landlords and disappeared with everyones money and then changed their name to Edward Jones and are now doing the same thing so people need to beware and we need to form a group and do something about this. together we can do a lot more than one person working on their own

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  8. pritpatel123

pritpatel123 New IL'ite

i have had same problems . that estate/ letting agents Danyal Adams have taken deposits and rent and not given them to the tenants and landlords and disappeared with everyone's money and then changed their name to Edward Jones ( 131 Cranbrook Rd, Ilford, IG14PU). The same people are working in Edward Jones as they were in Danyal Adams and are now doing the same thing as they did when they were Danyal Adams. So victims should be aware of this so they cant continue to cheat people. people need to beware and we need to form a group and do something about this. together we can do a lot more than one person working on their own. At IT HAPPENED TO ME I GOT CHEATED BY THEM.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  9. zeenahakeem

zeenahakeem New IL'ite

I am a tenant who regularly paid Edward Jones rent for a house but they have not been passing the rent on to the landlord. So my landlord asked me to get my deposit back from Edward Jones and pay it to him so that he can give me a new tenancy agreement. But when I went to Edward Jones they refused to return my deposit so I have had to stop paying my rent to Edward Jones and to pay it to my landlord directly instead of going through Edward Jones. I have been paying my rent to my landlord. I don’t have a tenancy agreement but my landlord said if I pay my rent I can stay in the property which suits me fine as I dont need a tenancy agreement. I have been paying my landlord rent for 3 months directly and I am happy with my landlord but I am still upset with Edward Jones because have lost my deposit they didn’t give it to me and also my landlord is upset because he has to pay mortgage and has lost rent because Edward Jones has not given it to him .

10. legalblonde

legalblonde New IL'ite

hi

Please get in touch with the Trading standards office of Redbridge, they are ivestigating these scamsters. reference Danyal Adams.