1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how to get back into shape after delivery

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by khanalrosni, May 30, 2013.

1. khanalrosni

khanalrosni New IL'ite

I gave birth to the baby gal in Jan 2013. I am exclusively breastfeeding her . Now i have to join office very soon . And i am worried about my bulging belly and fat shoulder areas. Please suggest me how can i reduce my extra fats soon.

2. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

During breastfeeding please dont take any dietary plan. Just walk for 15 to 30 minutes everyday. Once you stop breastfeeding then slowly you can increase exercise and go for weight loss options.

3. khanalrosni

khanalrosni New IL'ite

Thank you for your Suggestion.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    If you had a normal delivery you can start with some basic workouts(since its 5months). If it was a C-Section wait for atleast 6months so that the scar is completely healed(from inside too). In both cases its better you consult your gynae and get a nod for working out. If you were working out before pregnancy it will be easy for you to restart. But if this is the first time do only basic ones.For cardio you can start with walking and slowly shift to jogging, later onto running.For strength training either you can do exercises with small weight dumbbells and then increase the wieght or start with body weight ones like tricep dips,planks etc(google for more info on these workouts). Start with a warm up and end with a cool down always. Ensure that your posture is correct through the workout else it will cause injury. Do not cut down on the diet as you are BFing.