How to get a Nanny?

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by ayyan, Jan 28, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ayyan,

Yeah,There are so many apartments empty in Qatar due to less demand.People are waiting for rents to go down.

If your wife feels bored at home, tell her about IL and let her to join IL:thumbsup.

You can give advertisments or can search through known contacts.
    Alternatively you can work on getting a maid Visa too.You say you need a nanny.Do you want th emaid to take care of your kid or you need somebody for cleaning and washing?You need to be specific when you give an AD.

2. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

hello ayyan sir
    how r u?
    then where r u staying? i am also face the same problem when i came from dubai.in building also no families and i fear about not able to go down freely like dubai:hide: now it is ok for me:spin.
    regards
    hemalatha murali

3. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi Bhuva,
    Thanks again, that was a good advice…haha, she also wants, but in fact she is not highly educated and not very sound in language...an ordinary village gal and housewife, still I am arranging a laptop and net connection only for home use, let her come if she can… But she visits IL only to read my blog, with me …

Hi Hema,
    Thanks for writing again, yes that’s a problem here, but <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Doha</st1:City> is a so nice place compare to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region> in many other issues, safety, calm and quiet… Increasing crimes and similar things, including crimes against girls and women is a problem in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region> (by local youth) and making the country unsafe. But still we love <st1:country-region w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:country-region> and wife started saying that she wants to go back to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region>, cus she is missing our friends out there. We are in alghanim/ramada building left to hot bread r/a Najma.

thanks for all replies…bye , ayyan

4. bhuvnidhi

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I had a very bad experience with my maid yesterday.She is from India(I am ashamed to say this) an andhraite and her name is Padmavathi.Just letting you know the details in case any of you come across her since we are planning to chuck her out soon.

I had left my key for my cupboard my mistake(just for one day yesterday I forgot).Such a big mistake.When I came home I saw that the key was in the locker inside the cupboard.I got a doubt and me and my hubby started searching if anything is missing inside.Luckily , the jewels are not missing but my 500 QRs is missing.

Though I am happy that my jewels are safe(I am assuming.I do not have a inventory.But nothing seems like missing as of now) but the fact that she opened the cupboard and went thru everything and stole the 500 Riyals inside makes me go chill.YES LADIES, I KNOW IT IS MY MISTAKE TO FORGET THE KEY.

We are not able to confront her immdly as my kid is with her for 2 hours in the afternoon.But we are searching for a new maid to chuck her out in 1 or 2 days.

LADIES,Be careful with these maids and always lock your belongings including Passport and important documents.And I hear from lot of friends out here that this happens mainly with the Indian maids(Very sad to say this:rant)

Regards,
    Bhuvana.

5. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

The lady who had been stealing from me was Philippino. When I was telling my friend about it, she said it is a COMMON problem with the part time ladies, regardless of nationality. My friend mentioned some of the problems, and what goes missing, and I confirmed it!

Part time ladies are best if you, or someone else responsible, is at home to "supervise" while they are working. Otherwise, they rush through their work, or don't even do it, so they can be stealing your stuff.

When I had that lady, a big bottle of DAC, laundry detergent, 5 kilos rice, frozen chickens, etc had to be replaced far too often.

The worst was, I had just got back from Mumbai with some BEAUTIFUL new suit materials. I had also bought some in Dubai. I washed everything, and needed her to iron it so I could sew it. GUESS WHAT DISAPPEARED????

That was the final straw!

Please be careful with the part time ladies, regardless of nationality.

6. bhuvnidhi

Hmm..looks like the maid have become real troublesome these days.Better to sponsor one and have a full control over them.:rant

7. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

I now do as my Qatari friends: they lock their bedrooms when they are out of the room, even if they are downstairs or somewhere else in the house. I'm not that crazy about it, as my house is small, and I lock the room door andtake the key with me when I go out.

Also, they don't keep any valuables in open areas. Nothing valuable in the living room, kitchen, etc.

8. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

off topic... often see mention of "grocery persons" .. are these people who deliver grocery at your home? if yes, are there any contact details of them..?
    thanks a lot

9. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhuvana,

This is really an eye opener for people who don't know much about hiring maids. Thanks for the info you have shared regarding your maid. Will be useful to many of us when we want to hire one.

10. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Netfragerin,

If you have any grocery shop near your home, you can take their contact. You should also inform that you need a home delivery of groceries from their shop. They will deliver groceries and Water bottles to your home when you call and inform them over phone.