How to get a Nanny?

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by ayyan, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Doha</st1:City>… relocated to <st1:City w:st="on">Doha</st1:City> after a long stay in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Anybody can tell me how to get a nanny immediately. (Keralite or tamil preferably)
    Any agencies supply them legally? (There were many approved agencies in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:country-region></st1:place> for supplying maids). Part time also will be okay. We are staying in Najma near Gulf Cinema….

Regards,

Ayyan

2. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

Please be VERY careful with local hire ladies!

I had one for 5 years, and had to fire her, because I began to realize that she had been stealing from me ALL THE TIME!

It was little, seemingly un-noticeable things, mostly grocery items, but many other things went missing too.

I was particularly annoyed because I had been so kind to her over the years.

Anyway, now, I have sponsored someone from an agency. So far, so good.

You can advertise on Qatar Living, but be sure to find out if she has any references, and find out as much information as possible. Ask to see her passport and/or ID card.

If I can think of any other tips, I'll post again.

3. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Thanks for the info, I know one incident happened in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:place></st1:country-region>, the illegal maid got murdered outside home and the owner keralite family had been arrested and suffered more than a year…terrible...so need to take precautions..
    So legally, looking for any contacts of that agency?
    <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Qatar</st1:place></st1:country-region> living? Let me try…
    Thanks and regards,

4. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi ayyan

welcome to DOHA.

Regarding nanny u can go thru www.gulf-times.com classifieds section.

vijaya

5. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi Vijaya,
    Thanks for the reply...Gulf times?? let me try...
    Grocery wala told me he can arrange one, but I worry about to keep an illegal maid...or else I need to bring her mom.
    Regards, ayyan.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Ayyan, Please be careful while hiring maids.If you hire illegal ones you will be in deep trouble.There are several incidents where the illegal maids steal jewelleries ,money and run away leaving the kids(infants too) at home.You cannot file a complaint even.

Give advertisement in Gulf-times and say explicitly that VISA must .

Muscat99 , May I know the maid name whom you had fireD.We have hired one recently and I do not have that comfort feeling.She is from Andhra and her name is Padma.

7. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Bhuva,
    Thanks for heads up...one of my driver told me that he will bring somebody, then I told all these conditions. Let's see...

Regards, ayyan

8. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

hai friends,
    yes,i am also having very bad exxperience with ladies maids.:rant
    even gents are working properly and going.only for cleaning purpose means u can arrange gents. srilankan servents are gud always.
    even though i am indian i am shame about ladies maids are from india only doing all this things:bonk.
    regards
    hemalatha murali

9. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

hai
    i forget to tell 1 thing anyway get maid through from ur friends circle or through grocery persons.donot get from outside :idea
    regards
    hemalathamurali

10. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hai Hema,

Thanks for the information. I got one cleaning boy, weekly twice 350 riyals, seems okay...now actually no maid required for our small family, but I want somebody in the house because the situation here is differ from Kuwait, wife is alone whole the day, even nobody in the whole floor of our apprtmt. I wonder our building is having more than 50 flats but nearly 20 occupied all others empty, may be that is because of the higher rent, similar flats available in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Kuwait</st1:country-region></st1:place> for max 200 dinars (approx 2500qr) but here it is 8000 riyals. So all the flats are empty, no neighbors!!!