1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Find Apartment Rental

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

How to find apartment rental?

What do I look for in an apartment?

All I need is safety, cleanliness, and proximity to my office.

I've never done this before, but now I am seriously considering this.

I rather live in peaceful environment and struggle (at least initially) than live in comfortable apartment, but toxic, depressing environment.

Hopefully I will get permanent government job in next few months.

Please guide me.

Also, how do I get a car? I live in metropolitan city. How do people manage to find parking?

I have license to drive .... and what things should I do to maintain car. I may need to make grocery shopping trips where public transportation won't be enough.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Identify places close to your work that fit your budget, find out if they have vacancies, ask for a tour and review the lease. Also go by the place during different times of the day and on weekends to get the neighborhood vibe. Craigslist is a good place to look for listings. The place may offer a parking spot or you may get a city permit to park on the street. If you don't need a car often it may be cheaper to do Uber or Zipcar.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

zip car ,... I may try that ... probably once, twice week for grocery shopping

4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, One note for apartment renting. Look for some new apartments rather than old. Becoz the older they are, the more the problems you have with appliances.Just becoz the rent is low in some old apartments don't chose them, you pay more for utilities . I remember in our first apartment. The apartment was very old. Rent was less but we paid in electricity and gas.

Also look for apartments with washer dryer , microwave and dishwasher as condition. I know this may sound lame but for a working lady having it in apartment is a great luxury and you will be thankful. Even parking near your apartment shud be a criteria. Remember never settle. It will come back to bite sooner rather than later.Good Luck.