How to find a new working place?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rashmita, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

What do you do when you want to find yourself a new job? Do you ask your parents and friends to find one for you through their relations, perhaps at their workplace? Do you apply on different websites, sending your CV? Do you go to a recruitment company that could help you more easily to find something suitable for you? What's the best and reliable option for this? :hiya
    (yes, I'm looking for a new job... I'm not so sure my old one is going to last more!)

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I would suggest a recruitment agency (head hunters) - I feel that they are able to evaluate you, your experience and education and place you better. Of course, I would also use online websites to get a feel for the market. Networking also helps a lot - if you are interested in a particular company and know people who already work there - talking to them and getting the inside scoop will also help.

3. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

I always try to look for any clues: advertisements, oneline job sites, I ask my friends and relatives. I usually do a "hidden" research, so that I don't have to face my boss and answer to the "why are you looking for a new job" question. Since I am pretty known in my work area, it's not that difficult to get a job though