1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to feed treptin biscuits

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by divyareddy123, Feb 17, 2010.

1. divyareddy123

divyareddy123 New IL'ite

Hi ,

My daughter doesn't like to eat treptin biscuits.
    can I hide it some how to give it to her ?
    After one year she is troubling me to eat lunch or dinner ...
    Please suggest

2. divyareddy123

divyareddy123 New IL'ite

After 9 views I haven't gotten ay reply ...thought I would post it clearly.
    Treptin are the small round biscuits available for kids or weak people , they are hign calorie and high protein food.
    They tasted ok for me but my 1 year old daughter didn't like it ....
    I was just looking for some hidden forms

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

If u give chapathi, add it, when u make dough.

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Prana,

Good idea. My doc too told to start treptin but asked to wait for sometime. Will check with him next time.

When did you start giving your LO treptin?

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Could you post a little about why you need to give an one year old high-calorie, high protein biscuits? Most toddlers do well on table food, if there is a reason why you need to get high calorie food, we can perhaps tell you about natural alternatives. Threptin or any other processed products may not always be good for the little ones, I used it as a snack when I was diagnosed pre-diabetic and I can tell you it takes some getting used to. I would not be surprised if a child is reluctant to eat it.

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Tikka. Even I usually check the contents, something with high sodium is surely out. Paed says treptin is good for kids, I said I give Marie. Somehow, I am comfortable with toasts. Yes, artificially processed foods are anyday bad.

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

i was prescribed threptin biscuits when i had iron absorption issues during pregnancy.. and i still couldn't finish them:hide: coz i wasn't too fond of the taste myself, leave alone a 1 year old child. i have no answer to your question, but if you so wish, you could mix it with porridge or other food that you give.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Even I tried giving to my kid since he is 1 and half years old. But still the tin is left with more than half of the biscuits. its been almost 8 months now, so dont know what to do with that tin. My kid doesn't like the taste and he simply throws away, or he will play with the biscuits if I give him the tin. Even i dont like the taste, but may be mixing with rice or chapathi is a good idea.

9. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Asha.

Iron absorption is taken care by Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps in absorption of iron. Yet paed mentioned that there has to be atleast 12 hour gap between iron and calcium supplements for kids. Part of the iron in foods is not absorbed completely same for kids. Iron anyways doesn't taste good and leaves you acidic for the day.
    Threptin still remains a mystery. Let me check it out for myself whats so good about it, and if it is really needed. DD is doing fine otherwise, I don't want to rush her unnecessarily with artificial foods unless and otherwise a must.

Check out for the natural sources of protein first. Here's a note on Threptin, Protein Food, High Protein Food, Health Food, Health Food Supplements, Children Health Food, Threptin Biscuits

You can also check Essential Vegetarian Top 15 sources of protein for vegans and vegetarians

10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Lee,

This is the first time am hearing about this biscuit.Since nobody replied her, I just gave an idea thats it.

Usually I give milk bikies bis.I am not fond of giving biscuits to infants.But she likes it very much.I don't want to stop her.Thats why giving it as finger food.:)