1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to face this situation

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by LakshmiMohan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Don't know how to start,but thought of writting this note since I am desp and down today.This week I am going to India,obviously directly to MIL's house.She is different type of woman with a different attittude and she never wants me to be with my husband.Now me and my husband is in gulf.

I had a PCOs surgery before 3-4 years.And as you all know I tend to put on weight easily.This month I had a doubt that I am pregnant,since my stomach was full of gas,had some pinching pains in stomach and inside navel,tiredness,was becoming emotional etc.So I didn't wanted to take a chance and I avoided all other workouts and did only walking for half an hour. So weight remained the same and increased few grams and I am in 76-77 Kgs.

My MIL is slim so she always used to make fun of me since I am fat.Even though my MIL doesn't want us to have kids now,she used blame me saying that "How come this fatty will have kid etc" infront of my mom.So I thought if I am pregnant I can close her mouth.

But my bad luck I am getting some symptoms of periods now.I feel lost,don't know how to face MIL.My hubby is very supportive,he told that don't worry about this thing.

But my inner mind is crying ....Sorry for the long post.No friends here to share my concern except my hubby.So thought of uttering it all here. :-(

2. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

Why don't you get a home pregnancy test and find out if your pregnant?

3. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

4. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

dont worry.. ignore her.. ur husband is supportive which is very good.. if she says something, move on as if u did not hear it.. also ask ur husband to stop her when she tells those words.. if he can't do that, dont force him...

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Anjana,

Iam loosing my confidence when she says such words,how to handle that?

6. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Can u tell yr hubby that u want to spend time with your family since being around yr mil makes u depressed? Will he understand? If so, just go to yr mums place. But u can't avoid mil forever. If ever she makes fun of your weight, just calmly say that you would appreciate it if she stops making such jokes. But if she continues to do so, just ignore..once she realises that it doesn't bother u, she may stop. First u need to love yourself, have more confidence..then only your self esteem will not be low. All the best for ttc.

2 people like this.
  7. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi MartialBliss,

Trying to build up the confidence now.Thanks for your reply.

8. introspection

introspection Silver IL'ite

Just shows how insensitive your MIL is !!!. You can always retort back by saying " I wonder how such a wonderful husband ..... have a stupid mother like you ....such a mismatch" she will get the point !

Your husband is supportive, so I think you should just ignore your MIL & give it back in full measure when your MIL makes insensitive comments !

Why be nervous in the first place ! you have made 618 posts on IL , and still nervous ..... ???? haven't you learnt anything from the countless hours of drooling on IL ????

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  9. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Why are you worrying when your DH is support. Its only matter of few days that you are going to stay with her. Let her bark the way she wants. After that you are back to your beautiful life again.

10. lilacgal77

lilacgal77 Silver IL'ite

Dear Laksmi

i understand how your feeling is..well i used to be over weight too and heard lots of comments from people..Why you want to bother what your MIL says when your DH is supportive of you. First, your MIL knows by saying comment like that will make you sad and depressed so why you want to make her happy by showing that her comment hurts you. Whenever she says hurtful comments,just laugh and tell her that she has a very good sense of humor..try to be positive at all times and dont let her remarks to affect your life with DH..Even show her thatt you dont care about whatever she says to you and be happy or you can say that you have heard that only good hearted people will gain weight and dark heart people will remain slim..

Just chill and enjoy yoursellf with DH w/o worrying over your weight issues..well about your pregnancy, no one said that being over weight cant conceive..i used to be 80kg and i conceived and blessed with baby boy..but now i have lost weight due to pregnancy so no worries dear...think positive and have fun.. :)

Lila

3 people like this.