1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to drape saree like this and what is the name of this style

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by rissy, May 30, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Can someone tell me how to drape saree like this what is the name of this saree drape style?

Check this links and see the pic:- http://www.seasonsindia.com/eCom/prodImages/11-3128c.jpg

Nowadays many women wear saree in this style & also in TV serials actresses wear saree in this style but I don't know how to wear saree in such way and how to make two borders of saree appear together like it is shown in picture. No matter how much I try it don't happen and drape remain little thick then it is shown in above picture and two borders never meet and be together.

Also see one more picture - here is link http://weddingsutra.com/blog/wp-content/hot_pink_pista.jpg

Don't see woman in right, see woman on left side and the way she drape her saree like two borders of saree appear together. How can be done that and how to drape saree like that?.

Also check this link:- http://sareez.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/katerina-red-saree.jpg

Here too actress wore saree with such a slim drape (pallu plits) But whenever I make plits it become thick and it cover side sleeve of blouse & it looks like aunties & not able to take slim plits in a way that two borders of pallu look together like shown in above pics. In the above pics the pallu plits are so slim that it only remain on shoulder while blouse sleeve on side is clearly visible.

Also tell me what is the name of this style? If I go to beautician then how to explain her, I mean what to tell her what type of saree drape of I want?

2. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

First the choice of saree and the type of saree. The one you have worn will never match the ones you had posted earlier...

Get a good net saree which is usually has heavy thin borders and you can wear as you had wanted.

4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I know that in the Katrina style, the first layer that is inside is actually pinned tight and horizontal to the blouse. Then take the other layers and put over it. I havent tried it,but my aunt did it for me once.

1 person likes this.
  5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

My Favorite subject.
    Some time ago I saw a Tamil Actress I Think Sneha's picture on IL here where she was wearing a silk saree with 6 pleats in the Paloo part. I always wore 5 pleats and it used look like the way yours look. Now with lot of trial and error I have come up with my way of wearing it. Here it goes
    1. Always do the paloo first and than work on the pleats in the waist.
    2. For paloo. start the pleats small. the last pleat make is as wide as the border or your shoulder but make sure the pleat right behind it is smaller.
    3. Now pin all the pleats is the end.
    4. Make sure the length of the palloo is longer than your arm length almost to your belly button when you hold it straight up.
    5 Arrange the pleats and pin it at shoulder.
    6.Now bring the border around the waist and pin it to the slip.
    7.pleat the pleats for the waist. tuck it in and pin it.
    8.Now goback to the chest area and arrange every single pleat and pin it behind to the blouse. This way you can cover the left side of the chest well if you are big chested. Also the first border will be shown.
    9. now remove the very first pin you put at the end of the palloo.
    Lots of pins needed. I alteast use 8 to 10 pins.
    This will give you a very hands free way to wear the saree just like a dress.

Also, If you know how to wear a single paloo saree without pleats like Rekha or vidhyabalan let me know.
    I know they pin it and hold the paloo around their waist. But When i do that my H says it looks like I have wrapped a bed sheet around me and holding it. So how to wear it without holding it around the waist.
    How to wear it so both tips of the paloo behind you is same length usually one tip gets longer than the pinned tip and will be sweeping the floor.

3 people like this.
  6. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

oops it was not Sneha. Did search to find the picture. its Trisha. Here is the link of the style and picture I was talking about.
    Trisha in Silk Saree Stills

7. chocyGal

chocyGal Silver IL'ite

Do you pin each pleat to the blouse or just the left most before the border ?

8. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

It depends upon the material of the saree and also what you want to cover up. Usually every other pleat.

9. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

urs looks pretty good to me. :)

10. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Tried and it consumed time but not working out............so sad