1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to discipline my daughter ?need some tips!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by sams, Jan 26, 2010.

1. sams

sams New IL'ite

Hello all
    My daughter is going to be 9 yrs old in April.She has stopped listening to us.To get any job done we have to ask her so many times before she pays attention or does it.She easily gets upset and literally cries over everything.She sheds so many tears that we as parents are very helpless.
    We want her to realize the importance of time but she just wastes her time.I try hard to set her schedule for studies but she won't listen.Constant reminders also don't help.Due to this the envoirnment at home gets disturbed.What should I do .Please help.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sams,

You need to do nothing, just relax. you are daughter must be going through a transitional phase. these days girls attain menarche early.i am not sure about your daughter.

this is the time, there are lot of development in her body and she is also confused. her thought process also takes a change. they are called preteen mood swings or pre-puberty mood swings. for some kids it starts 2 years before the cycle.

they don't want to listen, they are lazy.some are extra sensitive, they cry at the drop of the hat, some get angry fast. sometimes you feel the change so drastic because it is the opposite of what they were like somebody has morphed into our once sweet adorable cuties.:biglaugh

just be with her, talk to her, what is making her moody,cry and give her lots of hugs and assurances that you people love her. she will learn. I have heard these days there are drugs for this just like for PMS, but i don't advocate it.
    Hugs to your kiddo.

Take care.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I see that you are in the US, so I am expounding a theory here... feel free to disagree. Do you think your rules are bit more stricter than her friends from different cultures that she is beginning to feel that she is getting controlled a lot more than those her age.
    I have read great thing about this book (I have a copy but not yet started reading it) How to talk so that your kids will listen and how to listen so your kids will talk by Adele Faber. The other one that is actually working for me is Scream-free Parenting. Good luck...