How To Disable Your Stolen Cell Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Monsi, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    This information may not be new for some of you but it is very useful for all.

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # (works for GSM phones)
    A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This is called the IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity.... Wow i can add this in the Abbrv and Acronym Game list :wink: ). Anyways, this number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it with you. Should your phone get stolen, you
    can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the Sim card your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at
    least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody did this, there would be no point in stealing mobile phones.

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Monsi,
    Good information. Will do it immediately.
    Thank you!
    Sindhuja

1 person likes this.
  3. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Monsi
    U have mentione "How to disable stolen cell phone".very nice idea.
    But plz let me know How to know our cellphne is GSM type or any other type.How many types are there ? what are they ?and is the procedure is same
    for all.I lost my cell phone Reliance LG type. I have not noted this IMEI number
    Then whats the procedure to make it Disable? can reliance dealers do any help in this matter? Plz reply by post in this thread or by a P.M to me.
    with best wishes
    Sd/nischel