How To Delay Delivery ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by EagerForInfo, Oct 27, 2017.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

hello

My sister is Expecting a baby this month. But her due date falls on the only star she doesn't like. How can she postpone her delivery just till the next day in case she gets pains. ? She is very superstitious. I don't want her to hate her baby if born on that star. How can she make sure baby is not born on that particular star ???

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

So star "xyz" falls on her due date. So if she gets pains on her due date how do we make sure baby is not born that day?

Please no ridiculous responses please. It is her baby. She has her own superstitions if she satisfies them she will be happy for life and love her baby.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

She should consult her doctor.

4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

For many, pain doesn't start exactly on the due date, there's a lot of possibility that it can happen before or after the given date. So there's no guarantee that it will be 'only' on that date.

If she's that superstitious to the level of hating her child, it's better to consult a doctor rather than trying something at home n risking the life of her n her child.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Due date are just an estimate . It may or may not happen on that date . Please do not try any home remedies or stuff from the internet to delay labour . Everyone is destined to appear in this world at a set time and date and comes with their own destiny . Leave it upto the One who should decide our arrival and departure .

6. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Statistically around 4% of deliveries happen on due date. Rest all happens before/after the date.
    Babies arrive to the world at the destinated time and no one can change that. If she feels so bad about it please consult your gyn and ask her what can be done. Don't try something from the internet.

7. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

As soon as she sees the baby she will forget about the star.. Please don't try any home remedies for this.. Better to meet the doctor and seek her advice...
    I think doctors can even induce pains via injections from 38 weeks and go for labour but all depends on almighty!!! At 38 weeks 5 days doc asked me she can induce labour if needed as I had too much of itching and irritation around my stomach by then, Well I did not opt for it and after 2 days went for natural labour...

8. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

leave things to god ..nature and they don't do anything wrong for us.
    Trust them and look ahead.

9. divya478

divya478 New IL'ite

Hi, we cannot postpone when baby is ready to come out. Ask her to leave everything to god and take good rest.

yellowmango likes this.