How To Deflect Unwanted Attention At Starbucks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ChennaiExpress, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Even if the person sees the book and talks about it, just reply, "No English", "No English" What's the person going to do? He can't communicate further anyway.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    GoogleGlass, ChennaiExpress and jskls like this.
  2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Umm, in a park , a lady smiled and started communicating saying no English, fist I thought she is asking whether I don't know English. I said I know. Still we communicated , she said some European country , I don't remember now, and said 1 month ago they moved , and their kid is not yet going to school. Who is playing with my son in the park, both are just running behind one another . He just took out shoes. And running simply, cute kid.

I am trying to say is, if u say no English , they may start asking more questions. Where r u from, etc

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Go to Starbucks near Colleges. There College students spend whole day studying and nobody bothers.About unwanted attention with handing things to you,beware and seek help.You never know, when it might be too tough for u to handle.Never be afraid to ask help.Make friends with employees and tell them to cut short anybody who is interrupting you.Good Luck.

blindpup10, vaidehi71 and momsky like this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I do like this idea

Oh Lordy! That is true!

Yes, I shall be friendly with employees. Because some people are crazy and they might not go away. Thank you Dear.

5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

utter that you are deaf and dumb - he should get the message, you do speak you do hear but to him you are deaf and dumb

jskls and ChennaiExpress like this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

LOL, most of your responses are helpful ...... and they are giving me a good laugh :roflmao:

GoogleGlass likes this.