1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal When Parents Interfere In Your Married Life..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Twinkel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

It definitely is, positive souls take it in a positive way and negative souls in a negative way and whine about it :)
    Seems you've never lived in India and if you did (or do) you definitely are into wrong circle! Everybody has a say definitely, but not in everything, my maid has a say in what detergents we use or what timings she comes in, but not in my property matters, not even remotely close. Are you even serious?? My copassengers opines about the inconvenience or traffic and would never interfere in my personal matters. And my neighbours and we have a most pleasant and friendly bond wherein we discuss about get togethers and fun, and no-one surpasses the boundary unless we let them!! And my mom suggesting me something is NOT same as a maid or co-passenger interfering. I pity you if you think they are all the same, maybe it's common in the place you hail from!! Nobody has a free hand to opine on every tiny detail of my life and you got it all wrong!
    yes, it's not bound to a country and I can see it!!
    Decisions are taken consciously, based on wisdom, experiences and stages of life, irrespective of which country you are from. When things go wrong, few whine on ecosystem and few on situations, again irrespective of country.

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Yes, this seems like a good solution for now :)

SGBV likes this.
  3. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I read ur note about ur MIL's support for your TTC in some other thread..
    So try to use white lie for now like others suggested and warn ur mom..
    i feel u have wonderful in laws and please stay the same..

Twinkel likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I have seen some maids do interfere in personal stuff. It’s quite annoying sometimes.
    So setting boundaries is a must before they get habituated.
    Maybe not all maids are like that but I myself have experienced with few of them.

5. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

You have a lovely nest which is of a rare kind.

I have read only few of your recent posts. First my congratulations on your getting pregnant with twins.

You have a lovely extended family which many don’t have and to be honest that’s all you need. They show their love and affection which you have shared here and it was so nice to read.

Put a full stop to your mum’s advice and tell her that if you get any share from them on their own volition you would be happy and would never ask them for it. Honestly it’s for the parents to decide whether they want to give the assets now or later. You mother in law is still living with her son and let her decide when she wants to divide the property.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Twinkel likes this.
  6. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

"Some" maids, yes. But that's not country bound. It all boils down to boundaries you set and how much lenience you give them, isn't it? :)

7. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

I agree. For now, for the peace of my mind, am going with the "white lie" idea wonderful ladies here gave and that seems to settle down things for now :)

Dhamini likes this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I wouldn’t lie . That would jeopardize the relationship with mom and Mil since both the parties will get affected . I would rather hear my mom complain than lie . Since you are mentally strong just ignore it . At the end of the day It is easier to deal with unreasonable mom than to break her trust and hear lifelong complaints. Please don’t lie

shravs3, Twinkel and Dhamini like this.
  9. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

I probably wouldn’t advice so.

Let’s say on a future interaction when you aren’t around and your mum blurts the lie; it would totally jeopardise the relationships with your in laws. Be truthful to your mum and ask her to keep this advice off from you until you have delivered. Time will make her focus her attention elsewhere mainly her grandkids.

It’s my 2 cents but it’s your life and you decide accordingly.

Twinkel and mangaii like this.
  10. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Same thoughts. Agree with your advice.

Twinkel and mangaii like this.