1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to create a bedtime routine for a 2 and 1/2 yr old?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ArunaSashi, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ilvisitor

ilvisitor Bronze IL'ite

hello friends....
    hv read all of the post.... good tricks n tips to put toddles to sleep early...
    my DD is 2 yrs... but she has this habit that myself n husband both showed be near her bed at bed-time... this is not possible as husband has office work so he gets late to sleep...n coz of that DD also awake for him to accompany in sleep....
    pls help me out on this.... how can i make her understand to sleep only with me....

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

ivisitor
    I have observed that chidlren go to sleep without too many conditions if they are really tired.
    Dont let her sleep in the evenings....and if possible keep her busy through the evenings.And by night she should fall asleep on her own.

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Nice tricks.. Is it possible for my 3 months dd

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i noticed one thing, if the kids dont sleep after 4 or 5 they automatically feel tired by 10 or so eventually they will sleep after a little struggle.

I guess for 3 month old its little different, if you are tired of with baby then try to sleep when baby is sleeping so you might be little relaxed.

5. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Oh dear 3 month is too early. Maybe after 6 months you can try this trick.we trained my DS when he was 6 month.

6. SS7611

SS7611 New IL'ite

Make him wakeup early he will eventually follow the routine of sleeping early.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Bhuvi, like others said, 3 months is a little too soon to keep them awake for that long. When my DD was that age, the maximum she was awake was 2 to 3 hours after which she needed a nap. So, if she woke up at 4 PM after her nap, I used to take her for a walk, come home, give her a bath and play a little. By then, she would be tired as it was 6:30 to 7:00 PM. After that is her sleep time. Once she sleeps at 7, she was not allowed to "play". I used to feed her every 3 hours. At 10 PM, I used to feed her milk and then she continues sleeping without having to wake her up. After that, I also used to sleep.

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

he is sleeeping on time these days not like 12 or so, my 16th month is used to sleep with my mom. before i use to make him sleep with me on the weekends, weekdays he sleep with my mom as i get up early to work at 6,630 i dont want to disturb him from his sleep.now a days he dont even want to sleep with me.even if i make him sleep in the middle he will get up looking for grandma.

How do i make him sleep with me. otherwise i have to on the light give him tab/laptop to let him play. any other suggestions???

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

breeze, he is already 16 months right? How ong are you planning on co-sleeping with him? I mean, eventually he will be sleeping alone na? Did you decide a time line when you want to start training him to sleep alone? If you have more than an year to go, then I would say you start sleeping with him on weekends (like you did before). Its OK if he searches for grand ma. keep singing/rocking him until he dozes back.

On weekdays too, continue sleeping with him. You can ask your mom to come to your son's room (assuming your DH is in master bedroom) and you can gently leave without him waking up.
    The first few days are going to be hard because he is actually looking for "familiarity/comfort" which grand ma has given all these months. eventually he will get used to you.

10. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i didnt plan yet on making him sleep alone, as we dont have extra room in the house as of now. we plan to move out next year thats when i get to give him separate room. usually if he sleep with me at him in the morning after i woke up i take him to my moms room so he can sleep but sometimes he wakes up and also disturbance for mom. so dont know how to do it?