How To Count The Baby Kicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi am in 23rd week of my pregnancy,and baby kicks started at 19th week, some times kicks are very low and some times kicks are there continuously, mostly my baby starts to kick during the night time when I preparing to go to bed,now my doubt is how to count the kicks,and how often kicks will be there,it means once my baby starts to kick he kicks continuously for 2mins and stops again after a while he will kick, some times just a small kicks and stops, some times no kicks even for hrs als which makes me more tense at that time, even I try to Pat on my tummy als baby won't respond during the time,later after 1hr or so he will just move,
    Now I need to count continuous kicks like kicks in those two minutes Al's counts or all the kicks for the 2mins time come under a single kick??
    Only after a pause next time kick I need to take as kick no2??
    It's my first time pregnancy so lot of confusion and tension going on.. explain me how to count and wats the minimum count in a day..thanks for helping me..

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Baby maybe sleeping that time..I don't think there is any minimum count of f kicks per day..as number and frequency of kicks depend on stage of pregnancy and position of placenta I.e anterior or posterior...of course, one thing my Gynaecologist told me is that if you do not feel any kicks continuously for a period of 12 hours then it needs to be checked ASAP.. Sometimes if gap is more drink a glass of cool water or eat something sweet. Try telling some shlokas or singing a lullaby..maybe you'll feel some response..enjoy your pregnancy and the kicks of those sweet little feet :)

Janakinarne likes this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong thanks for your rlpy and explanation about kicks, during my NT scan my plesenta is anterior and during the anotomy scan it's posterior plesenta,only thing is my baby used to be silent all the day till evening, sometimes used to give small kick in the afternoon if I didn't have my lunch on time that to just a very small,but after 5he used to kick,kick,kick,
    So some times if am having nightmares I used to afraid alot so due to that my tension will increase and will cry,I tmysed to try drinking clod water,sweets,dance slowly, singing,rock music,achoo how naughty my boy is ,never responded to my trails,only move when he wants, during the time I will cry,tense,stress myself everything will be over but later he starts his drams by slowly moving,
    During my 22nnd week I felt lock of kicks daily, after entering in to 23rd week some days it's more some days very less,day before yesterday all the evening and night kicks are there but yesterday very light and low kicks,and from morning nothing just not had lunch still so asking me to have with a small kick...
    Ofcource those kicks give lot of stress relief and positive vibes...
    Thanks for your wishes....hope my baby will change his kicking timings to Indian timings rather than US timings...