how to cope with problems @ office during pregnancy !!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by angel12, Dec 17, 2012.

1. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies...

i am starting this new thread.. for ppl like me who might me facing some problems at office ...

well m 16 weeks pregnant now.. i am working in a gud Travell co MNC. the thing is that @ 13 weeks suddenly i had some bleeding.. i consulted the doc ahd she gave me sustan 100 shot and prescribed sustan 200 oraly /vaginaly... i took oraly.. she also told me for compelete bed rest for 15 days... as m working it was a bit difficult in the starting... bt i too 10 days off from office..

then i went to off for 2 days bt brown discharge was very prominany.. i again consulted the doc and she said again to take complete bedrest for next 20 days... m doing that..

bt heres the problem starts.. in my office there are only 2 ladies staff (me & my colleague).. wen i told my manager tat i require more rest hence will not be able to attend the office..very diplomatically he said to "take a decision". i asked my HR what to do she said apply for a maternity leave and after 20 days do as the doc says...

why is it that men dont understand women situation... as my manager himself is a father of 2, i had expected him to understand my situation and allow me leave... how fair is it for them to force me in "taking a decision"

in the coming months there will be a lot of pressure @ work.. i dont think so that if i plan to stay @ job it will help me mentally... i dont expect my manager to help me / understand my situation in any way...do u think that i should also "take a decision"

well as per the doctor i have a low lying plecenta and only bed rest will help in getting my plecenta back in positon.. no stress n all...
    my next appointment is on 28th Dec... i'll get a clear picture then only...

what do you sistes suggest.. should i leave the office or if the doc says all is fine should i continue under that **** (manager) ?? m too confused.

God bless

Angel

2. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Dear Angel,

First of all, congrates for your pregnancy.

Well, not only in your company, these type of managers do exists in many offices, expecially if it is an MNC. They give high importance to their clients and project schedules and they fail to show even one third of it on their employees. Dont care of what your manager think,after all he himself cannot understand the very fact that, every employee in an MNC work for someone else's dream to come true. If your company gives you an option to go on medical leave for a month, try producing an MC from your gynec and go on leave. Get to know the companies' policies clarified from the HR team and go ahead with the required days of leave. My dear, understand one thing, end of day it is only you and your dear ones who will suffer if there is going to be any problem later for your health and your baby's health.

There is just not only one company out. You can easily get into a new one.

3. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Thanks asha...

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

I have been TTC since 3 yrs, did all treatments...My last job was very hectic, 6 days working with 10- 12 hours working each day, office politics....plus salary was not on time etc

My 1st IVF failed under these circumstances...

Before going for 2nd IVF i took conscious decision to leave the company

Ofcourse there will be some adjustments required esp with EMI, cost of treatments, FIL hospitalisation etc...but me and DH discussed and were ready to take the risk of 1 person income (ILs also are with us now)
    Its a decision that I am not regretting

you and your baby comes first...If your HR has suggested Maternity leave first, do that with dR's letter and then resign

You will always get another job...

5. velkavi

velkavi Silver IL'ite

hi angel,

i am also faced the same pbm and m bleeding occured in 6th week.now i m in 9th week.i took off form my work with dr certificate and i m taking rest.your health comes first..we hve to be careful till 3rd mon completion...everything will be fine..dont worry..

velkavi

6. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

thanks SSM..

even me n my DH have decided the same.. even if the doc says on 28th its ok to work i'll still resign as i dont want to bring my baby with so much office stress.. i want to enjoy these 9 months completely....

1 person likes this.
  7. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Thats a perfect thought Angel dear :)