1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to cope up with a ignorance

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by shrutirupa, Aug 11, 2014.

1. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hello

i had a very close friend but from past 5 months she doesnt speak to me neither sms me or whats app me or absolutely nothing

i am feeling very very bad i have tried talking to her but she hangs up the phone she never replies to my sms nothing its becomes very difficult to forget her

as her husband and my husband work in the same office sometimes it happens that we meet up at common functions she literally avoids me as if she doesnt know me at all and we have never had a fight as well till date just nothing

how do i cope up with this ignorance its really hard cant tell my husband also as i am not that free with him

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Something seems to have happened, either between you two, or the husbands. Maybe she took offense to something you inadvertently said or did. Or perhaps the husbands had a falling out that you don't know about. Since her cold shoulder is bothering you so much, the best approach would be to ask her directly. Perhaps you can call and leave a message, asking her to meet you for a chat over coffee, or if she avoids communication with you, write her an email. Be honest and say that you have noticed a cooling off in your friendship, and you really wish to clear the air. It won't hurt to take a conciliatory tone, telling her that whatever she's upset about wasn't intentional on your part.

Make a genuine effort to patch things up, but if she doesn't respond, let it go. Some people are victims of their own insecurities. They revel in manipulating others by creating drama. You're better off without such friends.

1 person likes this.
  3. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Tell your H your friend is not having time to spend with you.And wait for him to add if he could to the probable reasons.You could talk about it with your hubby casually .,Dont need go into details.Something had happened as you are not part of it ,its not wrong to ask your H.Even he dont know ,better wait for her to do the explanation(no use going behind her)

4. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    If there is nothing that has transpired between you guys which you feel might have offended her.It must be somethingg to do with your spouses ...Some promotion or bonus some thing which might have bothered her since your spouses work in the same company .
    I think its best to casually ask your hubby about it so that you get an idea about what is bothering her.If still there is nothing I guess its better you move on...